- Joined
- Jan 19, 2016
- Messages
- 208
Rep Bank
$980
$980
User Power: 194%
Hi guys so I've been doing some market research for a project of mine and I'm getting a ton of samples etc.. I live in Italy and getting a Made In Italy (at least from the info I gathered) seems like a serious pain.
I made some calcs and it makes MUCH more sense to import rather than to produce, that's why I started sourcing in China, while a manufacturer was showing me his "jobs" with other clients I noticed a brand I knew... they have the "made in Italy 100%" on their products, while I'm 110% sure they either only print and slap it on or get it done directly in China!
So I started digging much deeper and found that of the 4-5 companies PRODUCING this product in Italy only 1 really does so, everything else is a blatant slight redesign with same packaging and INGREDIENTS of the chinese stuff.
Funny part is all of them have the Made in Italy slapped on their products..
I tryed looking for their facilities and with a quick search I actually found out they only have a shop instead of a manufactoring warehouse.
It's much harder to compete in an unfair market, I considered the "made in italy" as an investment in the future but seeing those low quality chinese products, yeah I bought them and they source from the worse manufacturers in china too..., I get completely demoralized.
Should I send them an email and call every single one of them out with alleged pictures from the sources in China or should I just mind my own business and let them "scam" people?
I don't want those companies to get fined for €€€€€ so I wouldn't pursue anything legal(don't want to deal with defamation either), because of ethics I would never lie to my costumers because it takes years to build a brand to see it shred into pieces because of dishonesty.
Let me know if you had similar experiences, the strongest point of my product is differentiation and quality not the made in Italy part obviously but it just pisses me off.
I made some calcs and it makes MUCH more sense to import rather than to produce, that's why I started sourcing in China, while a manufacturer was showing me his "jobs" with other clients I noticed a brand I knew... they have the "made in Italy 100%" on their products, while I'm 110% sure they either only print and slap it on or get it done directly in China!
So I started digging much deeper and found that of the 4-5 companies PRODUCING this product in Italy only 1 really does so, everything else is a blatant slight redesign with same packaging and INGREDIENTS of the chinese stuff.
Funny part is all of them have the Made in Italy slapped on their products..
I tryed looking for their facilities and with a quick search I actually found out they only have a shop instead of a manufactoring warehouse.
It's much harder to compete in an unfair market, I considered the "made in italy" as an investment in the future but seeing those low quality chinese products, yeah I bought them and they source from the worse manufacturers in china too..., I get completely demoralized.
Should I send them an email and call every single one of them out with alleged pictures from the sources in China or should I just mind my own business and let them "scam" people?
I don't want those companies to get fined for €€€€€ so I wouldn't pursue anything legal(don't want to deal with defamation either), because of ethics I would never lie to my costumers because it takes years to build a brand to see it shred into pieces because of dishonesty.
Let me know if you had similar experiences, the strongest point of my product is differentiation and quality not the made in Italy part obviously but it just pisses me off.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
