The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying my Porsche

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Shirkahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
So I have been postponing my Porsche purchase for a couple of years now and I thought it would make a great birthday present for myself next year.

Was talking to my wife about it last night and she has no problem with but acknowledges that I always postpone. So she suggested I start a separate business that will generate enough funds to pay for a substantial deposit and then pay for the finance and insurance monthly. Condition is I may use $500 to start and must be a new idea.

So here is my challenge:

1) Come up with a simple idea due by Friday
2) Develop 1 page business plan
3) Launch the business the following Friday with marketing plan
4) List Goals and milestones with schedule on forum

Will keep you all posted weekly to keep me all in check.

Let’s do this and buy my Porsche.

Side note:

Will it be ok to share business plan on the forum?
Will it be ok to share the link to the company?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shirkahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
So the first update:

1) the simple idea: create a subscription service for premium gym water bottles to be shipped every second month.

2) work in progress

3) domain registered as www.hippobottle.com and page being created - should be ready on Friday.

4) will have this ready before weekend is up.

So progress is being made

Andreas Thrane

Workaholics aren't heroes
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark
Interesting - good luck on the new business.

When you write 1 page marketing plan, do you refer to the book by allan dib?

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
Have you validated your idea? Is there a need?

People throw a lot of bottles into the ocean or landfills. Are you cool with contributing to that? Or are you trying to find a way to get people to send you money every 2 months?

I assume you are solving a problem. What about creating a bottle that solves the problem without having to throw it away after 2 months.

There was a bottle advertised during the Tour de France a year or two ago that unscrews from both ends so it can be cleaned easier.

What if a Swell bottle opened from both sides so you can clean it? That might be a $50 bottle instead of 2 years of $2 bottles.

Shirkahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
Interesting - good luck on the new business.

When you write 1 page marketing plan, do you refer to the book by allan dib?

Nope, not referring to that book. I am referring to a one page business plan - I think if you can’t put in on one page, it’s too complicated to run with no clear objectives.

Shirkahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
Have you validated your idea? Is there a need?

People throw a lot of bottles into the ocean or landfills. Are you cool with contributing to that? Or are you trying to find a way to get people to send you money every 2 months?

I assume you are solving a problem. What about creating a bottle that solves the problem without having to throw it away after 2 months.

There was a bottle advertised during the Tour de France a year or two ago that unscrews from both ends so it can be cleaned easier.

What if a Swell bottle opened from both sides so you can clean it? That might be a $50 bottle instead of 2 years of $2 bottles.

Thanks for feedback, not going to validate and see if there is a need. The idea behind the challenge is to achieve something without putting to much effort or thought into it.

But to your second point, that did cross my mind and along with every delivery, one can return the old bottle at no cost to be recycled. It did also cross my mind that every 2 month might be too often and rather consider every 3 or 4 month.

To your last point about developing something new, that is not the purpose of this challenge.

Thanks for the insight.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Decision, then a domain and direction in 3 days; all this on top of your regular business.
Excuses are BS, thank you so much for sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.