- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
$5,240
User Power: 434%
On October 18th 2016 - myself and a few other entrepreneurs are buying a piece of property to serve as a shared working space for when we visit that city...maybe a couple months out of the year.
A house that is owned and paid off, which could serve as a free living/working place for anyone in the group to use as they see fit (with obvious rules of making sure everyone gets equal use of it). I've seen a few entrepreneurs go close to broke before, so it could serve as a place to jumpstart businesses when working on a limited budget.
My motivation for this:
Then I thought to myself, since we are at the point where our businesses can pretty much function from anywhere with a laptop and internet connection, and a lot of us travel a lot...why now have it be somewhere international and awesome?
Southeast Asia came to mind. But if some people in the group would primarily be in the US, maybe somewhere with a much quicker flight? Caribbean?
I'm shooting for Southeast Asia because It'll be cool to have a home on the other side of the world.
I see this as a possible option for a lot of other younger guys/gals on the forum to do. Especially those just getting started out (to use this...or something like this as a motivational goal).
One thing I learned on my journey is this - when you set a specific goal with a specific deadline, you'll find a way to achieve it. And when you set the goal, opportunities will present themselves in your awareness because your unconscious mind is attuned to having this goal.
Don't think like a monetary goal, but the type of life that you want to live....
Not more than a few months ago my business crashed and I had to restart it again. Now, I'm already living that goal of wiring books in the rocky mountains and growing my business to a larger level.
The life you want to live, is the goal.
Doing goals like this worked well for me, so that is why I share this post with you today.
So the life I want to live now? Shared workspace owned with other likeminded entrepreneurs.
So I think this thread is more for the younger entrepreneurs out there without a family/wanting that freedom to travel, why not set a goal like this?
Either way, this is something I'm only do ng with friends that I know and trust.
Has anyone ever done something like this before? What kind of thoughts would you have on doing something similar like this in your life?
A house that is owned and paid off, which could serve as a free living/working place for anyone in the group to use as they see fit (with obvious rules of making sure everyone gets equal use of it). I've seen a few entrepreneurs go close to broke before, so it could serve as a place to jumpstart businesses when working on a limited budget.
My motivation for this:
- In 2013 - I experienced the Fastlane summit for the first time (formally B&P) and the time spend around likeminded people was amazing (anyone who has been to the summit knows).
- In October that year, I moved in with two other entrepreneurs and we experience that "first major breakthrough" in our business from stuck to success.
Then I thought to myself, since we are at the point where our businesses can pretty much function from anywhere with a laptop and internet connection, and a lot of us travel a lot...why now have it be somewhere international and awesome?
Southeast Asia came to mind. But if some people in the group would primarily be in the US, maybe somewhere with a much quicker flight? Caribbean?
I'm shooting for Southeast Asia because It'll be cool to have a home on the other side of the world.
I see this as a possible option for a lot of other younger guys/gals on the forum to do. Especially those just getting started out (to use this...or something like this as a motivational goal).
One thing I learned on my journey is this - when you set a specific goal with a specific deadline, you'll find a way to achieve it. And when you set the goal, opportunities will present themselves in your awareness because your unconscious mind is attuned to having this goal.
Don't think like a monetary goal, but the type of life that you want to live....
Not more than a few months ago my business crashed and I had to restart it again. Now, I'm already living that goal of wiring books in the rocky mountains and growing my business to a larger level.
The life you want to live, is the goal.
Doing goals like this worked well for me, so that is why I share this post with you today.
So the life I want to live now? Shared workspace owned with other likeminded entrepreneurs.
So I think this thread is more for the younger entrepreneurs out there without a family/wanting that freedom to travel, why not set a goal like this?
- Set a year end goal such as an 'entrepreneur house', make an agreement with your business mastermind (assuming you're in one right now...if not, definitely do that or form one with the right people).
- Push each other to work for it
- Make it happen.
- And own a place to live and work rent-free for the unforeseeable future.
Either way, this is something I'm only do ng with friends that I know and trust.
Has anyone ever done something like this before? What kind of thoughts would you have on doing something similar like this in your life?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
