The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying an ebay account

drover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Mar 13, 2013
Hi all!

first i would like to share my progress :)
I have been buying and selling on Craigslist and a little bit on eBay for about 2 months.
I started with 950$ and i am now close to 10K. As i have more money to play with now it is growing exponentially.
I am kind of stuck now, i diversified my supply sources but i can't seem to sell my items fast enough.
I live in the US and i don't have a social security number. I do have an eBay account but i am not allowed to sell more than 1k or 10 items.
I came across this website which is selling eBay accounts and PayPal accounts, they have a forum and seems legit but it seems to be a bit suspicious...what do you guys think?
Buy eBay seller accounts immunized and suspension free | eBay suspension problem? If you got eBay suspended, get back in seconds!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Shortcuts are for losers. If they scam you, who do you complain to, eBay? 30 day old accounts with little feedback? LMAO. There's a sucker born every minute. The best solution is always hallmarked with integrity.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
This is a scam.

Ebay uses several tools to track suspended users such as your IP address, your home phone number, etc.

And a paypal account for sale? I laughed. This shit is highly regulated. Fraudulent for sure.

Whos information are they using to do all of this? It has to be stolen.

Read the blog, the english is horrible, and the article lacks substance. total garbage.

The whole thing sounds as shady as it can get.

drover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Mar 13, 2013
Yea i am aware of those scams but i have been searching for a partner who could share his SSn but it is hard...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
but it is hard...

Yeah because no one in their right mind would share their social security number with someone so they can use it.

Have you tried Amazon? Do you have a U.S. bank account? I'm guessing no because you need a SS for that.

I think paypal has an alternative for raising your limit other than SS? Have you tried using a pre paid debit card as a verification?

drover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Mar 13, 2013
I do have an American Bank account but PayPal ask for a ssn to lift the limitation. I guess i will keep searching for a partner :)
thanks for your answers guys

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Out of curiosity how did you get a US bank account with no social security #? I thought all banks required one.

tamo42

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jan 9, 2013
If you aren't a US citizen, open a C corp and use the corporation's tax ID.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hi all!

first i would like to share my progress :)
I have been buying and selling on Craigslist and a little bit on eBay for about 2 months.
I started with 950$ and i am now close to 10K. As i have more money to play with now it is growing exponentially.
I am kind of stuck now, i diversified my supply sources but i can't seem to sell my items fast enough.
I live in the US and i don't have a social security number. I do have an eBay account but i am not allowed to sell more than 1k or 10 items.
I came across this website which is selling eBay accounts and PayPal accounts, they have a forum and seems legit but it seems to be a bit suspicious...what do you guys think?
Buy eBay seller accounts immunized and suspension free | eBay suspension problem? If you got eBay suspended, get back in seconds!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Why don't you request higher selling limits? Give them a call and they will raise your limits. Easy!

Exactly!

On german ebay you just need to switch from private seller account to a business account and you go from 1k/10items to 4k/100items per month - all it takes is a few clicks.

After that you have to make sure you are playing by Ebay's rules and do a good job as a seller - means: 5 star ratings, few neutral-negative rankings, fast shipping, good customer service / communication and making sure you do your best to describe every article 1:1 like it is (this is something many underestimate in it's importance...if your article has a scratch on the display for example make sure you mention it in your article description...better: make a detailed photo)

What you are trying to do with buying an account from somebody is not playing by the rules. Have you thought about WHY eBay has seller limits etc.? Answer: Because they want to make sure every seller goes through a certain PROCESS of trust validation. Buying an account cuts this PROCESS and tries to get the instant EVENT to have an account with many positive ratings-unlimited selling restrictions.

Rules are there for a reason, think about it.

Give it time, work on a good PROCESS instead of "buying" a (scam) EVENT of wannabe success.

drover

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Mar 13, 2013
Out of curiosity how did you get a US bank account with no social security #? I thought all banks required one.

You can open a bank account and have a debit card if you are resident. In my case i have a visa so i have some papers showing that i live in the US. However i cannot get a credit card because they are asking a SSN
On german ebay you just need to switch from private seller account to a business account and you go from 1k/10items to 4k/100items per month - all it takes is a few clicks.

I just got them on the phone and i raised the number of items but that is it, i m still stuck at 1K and 500$ withdrawal a month. The US is strict about who can work in the US...

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Do you have a U.S. bank account? I'm guessing no because you need a SS for that.

Not true, I'm Canadian and opened a US bank account with TDBank. I"m not a resident and I don't have a VISA. But TD bank caters to Canadians living part time (Snowbirds) in the US, they just plugged in 888-888-888 as my SSN, and I was good to go. They looked at my passport and driver's license for ID.

cdrag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
Why don't you request higher selling limits? Give them a call and they will raise your limits. Easy!

If he is new, then ebay will automatically limit how much he sells until he gets his seller ratings up to par.

goodfella

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 4, 2013
This is a scam.

Ebay uses several tools to track suspended users such as your IP address, your home phone number, etc.

And a paypal account for sale? I laughed. This shit is highly regulated. Fraudulent for sure.

Whos information are they using to do all of this? It has to be stolen.

Read the blog, the english is horrible, and the article lacks substance. total garbage.

The whole thing sounds as shady as it can get.

Honestly creating new ebay and paypal accounts is not that hard, I read this book and have been creating accounts whenever I need undetected.

Amazon.com: Banned From eBay | How To Create A New Account and Get Back On PayPal and eBay After Being Limited or Suspended eBook: Dave Thornton: Kindle Store

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You people are F*cking nuts. Here is an idea for you. Do things the right way.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
You can't just buy a new PayPal or eBay account and be on your merry way. They will catch you and then you'll be SOL, you're kicked out permanently.

Get on the phone and talk to them, their support is not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. Once they tell you're legit you'll be good to go. I've called them multiple times over the past few years and never had issues.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.