Hey guys, just wanted to share this amazing episode with y'all:
I'm a huge fan of this guy and if you're into fastlane entrepreneurship then you should definitely give him a listen. He's a "DOER" who makes all his money from his actual businesses, just like MJ DeMarco. He's not a "mentor" or a "business guru" like what y'all see with these dudes on the internet nowadays. Guys who pretend they know everything when they haven't done shit.
This is a very interesting topic because it makes a lot of sense when you think about it, it's a paradox in a way. No one has every taught us this. We all fall into this trap many times, right? We confuse time equity with results. The reality is, more time working !== more results. But at the same time, from my experience it depends on what you do. If you're practicing a physical discipline(like basketball, football, baseball, golf etc.) then it's obvious that the more time you put in, the more you're going to improve because it's all about strengthening the neurological patterns in your brain(aka muscle memory), so they get thicker with time. That's how you get better in sports. You get to a point where you don't even think about it. I was playing football(real football) since I was 10 and I found it to be very true. You just can't substitute that time, that skill is already inside of you. It depends on what position you play as well. But as an athlete, you need to get your rest and nutrition too. Like if you're a natural athlete in the gym, training too much will kill your gains. Being anabol is a different thing though, your nucleus is working like crazy.
But non-physical disciplines might be a little bit different since there are different variables that are chained to it. You can work more since it's not really tiring you out physically.
Does it mean that you should be lazy? Hell no. It's not like: "Oh, I'm just gonna work for 30 minutes a day and I'll be killing it". NO. Unless you're at a point(like Andy, MJ or some guys on this forum), where they don't really have to do anything. I think Andy's point is that YOU have to do the critical things everyday so you'll move forward and not waste time with mental masturbation like motivational videos, self help books or things that aren't really going to move you forward. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad with doing the things I've just mentioned from time to time to get your lights up, they shouldn't be your focus. I feel like so many people nowadays are just lost in this phase, where they're not executing when the tools are already there.
I think there's a phase for younger entrepreneurs(less than 3-5 years in business), where you got to work really hard just to get things going and have a positive cash flow in your enterprise. You still have to work hard + work smart though.
I'm a huge fan of this guy and if you're into fastlane entrepreneurship then you should definitely give him a listen. He's a "DOER" who makes all his money from his actual businesses, just like MJ DeMarco. He's not a "mentor" or a "business guru" like what y'all see with these dudes on the internet nowadays. Guys who pretend they know everything when they haven't done shit.
This is a very interesting topic because it makes a lot of sense when you think about it, it's a paradox in a way. No one has every taught us this. We all fall into this trap many times, right? We confuse time equity with results. The reality is, more time working !== more results. But at the same time, from my experience it depends on what you do. If you're practicing a physical discipline(like basketball, football, baseball, golf etc.) then it's obvious that the more time you put in, the more you're going to improve because it's all about strengthening the neurological patterns in your brain(aka muscle memory), so they get thicker with time. That's how you get better in sports. You get to a point where you don't even think about it. I was playing football(real football) since I was 10 and I found it to be very true. You just can't substitute that time, that skill is already inside of you. It depends on what position you play as well. But as an athlete, you need to get your rest and nutrition too. Like if you're a natural athlete in the gym, training too much will kill your gains. Being anabol is a different thing though, your nucleus is working like crazy.
But non-physical disciplines might be a little bit different since there are different variables that are chained to it. You can work more since it's not really tiring you out physically.
Does it mean that you should be lazy? Hell no. It's not like: "Oh, I'm just gonna work for 30 minutes a day and I'll be killing it". NO. Unless you're at a point(like Andy, MJ or some guys on this forum), where they don't really have to do anything. I think Andy's point is that YOU have to do the critical things everyday so you'll move forward and not waste time with mental masturbation like motivational videos, self help books or things that aren't really going to move you forward. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad with doing the things I've just mentioned from time to time to get your lights up, they shouldn't be your focus. I feel like so many people nowadays are just lost in this phase, where they're not executing when the tools are already there.
I think there's a phase for younger entrepreneurs(less than 3-5 years in business), where you got to work really hard just to get things going and have a positive cash flow in your enterprise. You still have to work hard + work smart though.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
