The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

business to test website for bugs?

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
Is there a business that will test my sites for bugs?

Essentially I want someone to run through all the processes of my website and tell me what doesn't work. I'm doing it myself but to have others is also helpful.

I could open a beta but I would like to do this as well beforehand.

Also, I was thinking about hiring someone on elance to test and debug my site but not sure how much $$ that would be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
What exactly are you hoping to search for? Broken links?

Is it a dynamic site which you handle user input so check for XSS and Sql Injections?

Kind of vague to really give any help..

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Mercury Interactive.

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
What exactly are you hoping to search for? Broken links?

Is it a dynamic site which you handle user input so check for XSS and Sql Injections?

Kind of vague to really give any help..

I'm looking for a service to find and debug any php errors they find.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
In your php.ini file set error reporting from something like:

"error_reporting = E_NONE"

to

"error_reporting = E_ALL "

without the quotes

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Ah, I see, yeah, my bad...

I don't know of any sites specifically but I'm sure searching for sites with keywords like:

XSS, SQL Injection, CSRF, vulnerability, service

Will help you find something.

Might want to do a bit of reading about them before selecting a service. The terminology you use is a bit off. Not trying to be a dick, it's just 'php errors' seems to suggest runtime errors rather than vulnerabilities which it sounds like what you actually want to get rid of.

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
Thanks I'll take a look at that.

A little off topic but this lead me to a business idea...

Start a website with a paid membership forum. If you are a member, you can post your website/online business for beta testing where members will look for broken URLs, code errors, issues with functionality, design flaws, etc.

The business will revolve around testing your website before going public. Some kind of motive would be needed to keep members testing rather than just posting their site for review, but it could be a good way to gain an opinion and find errors from users with all different levels of website building experience.

Obviously revenue would come from the monthly membership...

Orrrr.... if you have the technical knowledge, you can put together a coding team, and just start your own consulting business that beta tests new websites. You could offer a range of services to test from and then even a service to fix/correct errors.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Maybe a way to keep people motivated to keep testing could be they earn points for ever test they run and then can turn the points in for a prize or gift card.

testmysite.com is already taken

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
That's why people do private betas before launch. People are willing to do the testing for free because of the chance to use it before 'everyone' else. Also to help see if things will scale well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.