The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Process

LukeSidewalker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 7, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi all,

A couple of short questions in regards to the process of creating a business and website. Do you create a corporation or LLC first before the website or vice versa or does it even matter? Also, when choosing a domain name should it be similar to the business name?

Thanks, Luke

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwabena

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 3, 2011
I'll make sure that the .com is available first - it looks more legit that way.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
The answer to all your questions is "It depends". As a business owner the big answers to all your "big" questions will always be "it depends" or "test it". Personally for me I always buy the domains first because they are cheaper and the process takes around 30 seconds when I use godaddy. As for the business's official name I try to match it as closely to the domain so when a customer is looking at their statements they won't mistake a charge for fraud.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DeskSnacker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 2, 2011
USA
I've always gotten the business started before creating the LLC. Get the business going and when you're ready to start making money, then file. You need the LLC specifically for filing taxes, so if you don't have income, there are no taxes yet, so why pay the fees at the beginning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.