The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business model

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Two quick questions:
Can someone break down a business and revenue model? Everytime I think I have it understood my mentor throws a wrench in it and makes me question everything.

Second question: if a gov agency oversees a specific program my business targets should I work with the government agencies or the individual facilities?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Two quick questions:
Can someone break down a business and revenue model? Everytime I think I have it understood my mentor throws a wrench in it and makes me question everything.

Second question: if a gov agency oversees a specific program my business targets should I work with the government agencies or the individual facilities?
A revenue model is part of a business model.

A revenue model is how you charge your customers. For example, charging a flat monthly fee for continued access to a software is a revenue model. The same software company may charge a variable rate based on usage. That's a different revenue model.

The revenue model is how you will collect money to fund the rest of your business model. The business model includes things like who you serve, what the value proposition is for that group of people, the resources you'll need to fulfill that promise, key partners you'll need to fulfill service and collect funds, the revenue streams (and the revenue model for each of those streams).

You may do well to pick up the book Business Model Generation. It's a very accessible and easy to read book, with practical tools for understanding and putting together the key parts of the business model for your own clarity and to communicate it to others without a massive 200 page document with a ton of guessing.

Last edited:

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
A revenue model is part of a business model.

A revenue model is how you charge your customers. For example, charging a flat monthly fee for continued service to a software is a revenue model. The same software company may charge a variable rate based on usage. That's a different revenue model.

The revenue model is how you will collect money to fund the rest of your business model. The business model includes things like who you serve, what the value proposition is for that group of people, the resources you'll need to fulfill that promise, key partners you'll need to fulfill service and collect funds, the revenue streams (and the revenue model for each of those streams).

You may do well to pick up the book Business Model Generation. It's a very accessible and easy to read book, with practical tools for understanding and putting together the key parts of the business model for your own clarity and to communicate it to others without a massive 200 page document with a ton of guessing.

Thank you very much!!! I appreciate that

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.