The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Idea;Tell us want you want to buy!

Idea threads

St borony

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
May 10, 2020
Nigeria
Hello guys i have a business idea for a website that allows you buy what you want by just requesting.

I've discovered that some people–if not majority of the world population–don't like to influenced on what they want or need to buy.
As in they don't even like it when google shows them ads that seems to be just what they want. They hate feeling tracked!

So I kind of had the idea that if people really know what they want to buy and nothing else. They may want to use something like what I'm thinking.

Then The Facebook,
How many times have you been on facebook and see someone ask that I want to buy this or that who has it and can help me get it.
I've seen this multiple times (can't even count!)
This is what birthed the idea. Namely;
IWantToBuy. com.
It's a website like this forum for example with different niches. It's going to have a lot of registered people to run your shopping called erranders and brand waiting for an order from the user.

An upwork. com model.
The user comes to the website sign up an account and ask for what they want to buy.
Then a notification will be sent to Everyone that is available for that kind of niche.

For example if a user post
"Hello, I want to buy an LG electric cooker I live in [imputes location ]."
The notification will be sent to all people in the electronic device niche.
Then the first 20 errand men to accept the deal will be the only ones to connect with you.
They'll help you buy it or if they are a seller they'll help you send it over to you using logistics.

How do you guys see this idea. Imagine there's something you've wanted to buy and have checked online or walked around stores and didn't find it. Like a second hand home theatre .

That's where this comes in. I plan to monetise it by verifying account and giving monthy subscription to people who want to connect across more than 10niche.

Yeah if it works even you could be broke tomorrow and need some cash and you'll just log in to your www.Iwanttobuy. com account and find what someone wants to buy shop around for a fee (negotiated or fixed) and hand over to a logistics company.

Wow I just remembered this I could even make money buy creating a payment system.
What do you guys think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OneLife

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 8, 2019
Israel
Not to shit on ur idea but
FB marketplace?
Amazon?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello guys i have a business idea for a website that allows you buy what you want by just requesting.

I've discovered that some people–if not majority of the world population–don't like to influenced on what they want or need to buy.
As in they don't even like it when google shows them ads that seems to be just what they want. They hate feeling tracked!

So I kind of had the idea that if people really know what they want to buy and nothing else. They may want to use something like what I'm thinking.

Then The Facebook,
How many times have you been on facebook and see someone ask that I want to buy this or that who has it and can help me get it.
I've seen this multiple times (can't even count!)
This is what birthed the idea. Namely;
IWantToBuy. com.
It's a website like this forum for example with different niches. It's going to have a lot of registered people to run your shopping called erranders and brand waiting for an order from the user.

An upwork. com model.
The user comes to the website sign up an account and ask for what they want to buy.
Then a notification will be sent to Everyone that is available for that kind of niche.

For example if a user post
"Hello, I want to buy an LG electric cooker I live in [imputes location ]."
The notification will be sent to all people in the electronic device niche.
Then the first 20 errand men to accept the deal will be the only ones to connect with you.
They'll help you buy it or if they are a seller they'll help you send it over to you using logistics.

How do you guys see this idea. Imagine there's something you've wanted to buy and have checked online or walked around stores and didn't find it. Like a second hand home theatre .

That's where this comes in. I plan to monetise it by verifying account and giving monthy subscription to people who want to connect across more than 10niche.

Yeah if it works even you could be broke tomorrow and need some cash and you'll just log in to your www.Iwanttobuy. com account and find what someone wants to buy shop around for a fee (negotiated or fixed) and hand over to a logistics company.

Wow I just remembered this I could even make money buy creating a payment system.
What do you guys think.
How is the idea different from just typing on google what you want to buy?

St borony

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
May 10, 2020
Nigeria
How is the idea different from just typing on google what you want to buy?
WelI I think google only knows what's already online.
Actually I have used this method to gain a client but oops, I didn't follow through..
Do you know that there are some things you want to buy and it's not online and you feel like you should get through to a real human?

Last edited:

daniel brannum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Sep 29, 2020
Canada
The idea is pretty good but it has less chance of getting clicked especially with amazon on the market. People get anything they want with the click of a button. If you intend to make it a service which other platforms don't offer then it might work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edd--19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 20, 2020
London
Looking at it from both sides.

Positives:
- Can connect to local buyers/sellers and support local commerce (e.g. butchers, greengrocers...)
- No opportunity to be influenced by upsells, cross sells, ads etc...
- You can build a local network and learn more about the good parts of your city/town/village

Negatives:
- You've got big competition against craigslist, ebay, amazon, gumtree, Facebook (as mentioned by another user)
- How will you make money? You aren't going to sell ad space because of your OP, are they going to be members and charged a monthly fee? or are you going to take a percentage of the total sale? And, if it's local to them, how are you going to make sure that your customers don't meet on your platform, trade numbers and then message each other directly without using the middleman (you)?
- You won't have the speed to compete against Amazon. People would have to take time out of their day to meet up and trade with each other. Why wouldn't they save their time and just order using amazon prime and get it the next day?

I don't think that the idea is feasible if you're going to go down the "buy and sell" platform efficiency route. There are already many doing that and they dominate.

What may work, is using your platform to build community relationships with each other with the sale. That way you're creating value for the community because it'll get people talking, chatting and forming relationships with each other whilst selling.

Like gumtree but with a more human element than the quick "buy and sell" they use.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.