The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Idea - Need Analysis/Advice

Idea threads

rickirl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 6, 2014
Hi all,

After reading TMF I have constantly been looking for opportunities. Quite recently a business idea came to me (late night thinking while lying in bed :) )

The premise of the business is a website linking the service provider with the person looking for this particular service.

The idea would be to build a professional looking website which charges a membership fee to the service provider. They would then log into their personal portal where they could post samples of their work, have an integrated online calendar for any bookings and a bio which they could edit to showcase themselves to possible suitors (for want of a better word).

Then further down the line introduce a mobile app to manage enquiries on the go and receive notifications of any enquiries or bookings.

Would like to hear what you guys think of this idea and any points on how to improve this model.?

Obviously the first step would be to reach out to a number of these service providers and see if they think the service could add value for them.

There is competition in this field but I believe my plans would set a new standard in comparison to those already in the market.

Thanks in advance for any replies, positive or negative ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
I like the idea and would use this service, but only if it were free to the consumer. As for competitors, my general rule has always been "if you have no competition it may because you have no market." Anyway, what you're suggesting makes sense to me.

Cheers,
O-2

rickirl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 6, 2014
Thanks OscarDeuce, always great to hear good feedback on an idea.
Yes I would have it free for consumer and paid subscription for the service provider, otherwise not many, if any, consumers would be attracted to the site.

Does anyone know of any other sites using a similar format to this? Would like to have a nose and see how their sites are operating

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
I think Angies List does something similar, but don't know for sure since they apparently charge the consumer. I'm not interested enough in their services to pay to find out.

Cheers,
O-2

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.