The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business idea dropship masks

D

Deleted93030

Dropship mask from china to the federal government? Use money upfront from the government to finance the masks without taking broker commission just buying at china and adding a markup to the price? Hire a sales team to do the business contact with the agencies?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
1422906117-furious.gif

D

Deleted93030

sure man. just call up the government and give em an IOU for $250k.

In the meantime
Just the money upfront needed to finance the operation and after send the masks pay the rest, or ask private financing. The problem with my idea is the financing part how can be done, I thought about asking the clients(government or wholesalers or hospitals) for money upfront to finance the masks and transport or asking private investors and yes I want a svj

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Just the money upfront needed to finance the operation and after send the masks pay the rest, or ask private financing. The problem with my idea is the financing part how can be done, I thought about asking the clients(government or wholesalers or hospitals) for money upfront to finance the masks and transport or asking private investors and yes I want a svj

It’s a wonderful idea but the problem is about 0.001% of people are capable of getting something like that put together and you think it’ll be a cakewalk lol. Do you already have assets or another successful business or are you just some kid?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you can just get them on the phone and make them buy from you instead of 3M, why don’t you sell them a dozen aircraft carriers or something else you don’t make?

Kolslaw

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 13, 2021
If you can just get them on the phone and make them buy from you instead of 3M, why don’t you sell them a dozen aircraft carriers or something else you don’t make?
Ouch!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Dropship mask from china to the federal government? Use money upfront from the government to finance the masks without taking broker commission just buying at china and adding a markup to the price? Hire a sales team to do the business contact with the agencies?
The problem with this “idea” is that it’s barely an idea, it’s super obvious to everyone who’s been alive in the last year, and it’s entirely about the execution.

You’re also about a year and a month or so late.

Do you own a textile mill or some kind of health products business already?

Maybe you’re just going to import and figure it out - that’s possible and doable, but how about the government part? Why would they give you money when they already have way more mask suppliers than they need? Everyone and their momma is making and selling masks!

The idea is worthless. Execution is everything, especially for something so obvious yet so complicated.

Best you can do is start trying something though. Learn by trying.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have an idea. I want to cure diseases and sell the cure to people with the diseases.

I also want to sell coats to cold people, but that will come later.

I need financing for the purchase order though.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I have an idea. I want to cure diseases and sell the cure to people with the diseases.

*Government sends you an actual purchase order*

“wow! Didn’t think I’d get this far. Time to mark out all of their terms and demand they finance it all up front. Let’s send it back and see if they agree.”
#winning

Narrator: “they did not agree.”

D

Deleted93030

it can be done with everything , it's called broker and take a comision on the deal , but in this case is more dropship or distributor

D

Deleted93030

The problem with this “idea” is that it’s barely an idea, it’s super obvious to everyone who’s been alive in the last year, and it’s entirely about the execution.

You’re also about a year and a month or so late.

Do you own a textile mill or some kind of health products business already?

Maybe you’re just going to import and figure it out - that’s possible and doable, but how about the government part? Why would they give you money when they already have way more mask suppliers than they need? Everyone and their momma is making and selling masks!

The idea is worthless. Execution is everything, especially for something so obvious yet so complicated.

Best you can do is start trying something though. Learn by trying.
hi thanks for commenting, yes this is the first time, if they don't want to put money upfront I can ask private financing, the other idea is use a sales team to contact with wholesalers and hospitals too. Buying per exemple is like 0.03 per mask and kn95 like 0.35

D

Deleted93030

*Government sends you an actual purchase order*

“wow! Didn’t think I’d get this far. Time to mark out all of their terms and demand they finance it all up front. Let’s send it back and see if they agree.”
#winning

Narrator: “they did not agree.”
I have seen some cases in spain or usa where they pay half money upfront

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

$100k + $150k as loan for a 15% stake?

D

Deleted93030

Stop this bullshit and give me some productive tips

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
Stop this bullshit and give me some productive tips
Productive tip: Get a purchase order for a product that you can source at a cost that you can source it profitably. With a signed PO from a government institution you'd be able to get credit to finance the purchase.

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
To be fair, this reminds me of the film War Dogs where two guys with no experience did win a government contract to supply the US with several hundred million dollars worth of guns. Based on a true story.
Question: why would the government not buy masks from an experienced importer of medical equipment? What value are you adding? A more realistic option might be to set up a consumer PPE ecommerce store but as others have said that ship has already sailed and there is a lot of competition now.

D

Deleted93030

Productive tip: Get a purchase order for a product that you can source at a cost that you can source it profitably. With a signed PO from a government institution you'd be able to get credit to finance the purchase.
I just built a website, ok thanks, but how the numbers work in the financing part how much take the financer and lets say that I pay 0.30 per mask at source and sell at 1 dollar to the government

D

Deleted93030

To be fair, this reminds me of the film War Dogs where two guys with no experience did win a government contract to supply the US with several hundred million dollars worth of guns. Based on a true story.
Question: why would the government not buy masks from an experienced importer of medical equipment? What value are you adding? A more realistic option might be to set up a consumer PPE ecommerce store but as others have said that ship has already sailed and there is a lot of competition now.
I have read that the government is open to near everybody who can deliver , but it was one year ago I dont know if this still works, the other part is I can sell to wholesalers and hospitals too

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I have read that the government is open to near everybody who can deliver , but it was one year ago I dont know if this still works, the other part is I can sell to wholesalers and hospitals too
Stop wasting people's time and attention on this board. You don't even know if the government will let you do any of this and you're thinking you can deliver. Lol. Also you started this other thread with the same topic asking people how to do it. Recruiting online sales team for a masks dropship business

Before you start any threads it's recommended that you read the Gold Threads on this forum. They'll give you a better idea of how business works. You obviously have no clue.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
I just built a website, ok thanks, but how the numbers work in the financing part how much take the financer and lets say that I pay 0.30 per mask at source and sell at 1 dollar to the government
I doubt a government depart buys off a website unless they have an existing relationship with the firm.

The point of my comment was that you need to go out and sell. Your words so far are about selling in theory, "I could sell to hospitals or wholesalers". The point is: go out and do that. Once you've made the sale you can fix the supply.

How much a financier takes? Depends on the financier. Call banks, call manufacturers, call investors, tell them you have a PO for 1 million in masks, you need them to lend you 500.000 (or whatever is the initial) tell them you have a few offers and ask them what their rates are.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Go do it. Make attempts. Figure out how to approach the proper buyers through the correct channels. Once you get a signed agreement, get your financing and source your products.

There is no other advice anyone can give you, especially since you already have your mind made up. This is action faking. Go try something

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I know we have all given you shit... Mostly because of the way you approached it, not the idea itself. It is a very obvious deal, likely crowded as hell, a difficult customer, and the assumption was almost as if the deal was as good as done... This rubs people the wrong way. Comes across as all talk, big hat, no cattle.

But let me be clear. This plan can absolutely 100% be carried out.

Don’t stop until you have a deal. I’m not kidding. You can probably do this. I sincerely wish you the absolute best of luck and hope you seriously make a ton of money off of this.

If you don’t... Understand that, often times, a pivot is needed in some way to make a deal work. Meeting government buyers, even ones that tell you no, is never a bad thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.