- Joined
- Jan 19, 2015
- Messages
- 42
Rep Bank
$320
$320
User Power: 112%
Yet another idea name thread...
Long time ago I posted a similar idea, this is going to be productized consulting in the shape of business acumen for engineers. I tried in the past a similar thing for a specific sector, which was rapid changing and required too much depth so productizing fell off and turned into plain consulting.
This one is broader and evergreen, every year thousands of engineers enter the workforce with very little business sense. And all managers wish their engineers had some..! In a few years engineers notice that if they are not the best in their technical field.. the only way to advance or diferentiate themselves is through business acumen and/or soft-skills, something they never cared about before.
I already purchased the domain businessforengineers, but I'd like to craft more of a brand name for it. Business for engineers is just the stepping stone, but its more, its about vision, mindset, career growth, intrapreneurship etc.
This will be the DNA of the company:
List of names I like around "big picture/helicopter view":
Long time ago I posted a similar idea, this is going to be productized consulting in the shape of business acumen for engineers. I tried in the past a similar thing for a specific sector, which was rapid changing and required too much depth so productizing fell off and turned into plain consulting.
This one is broader and evergreen, every year thousands of engineers enter the workforce with very little business sense. And all managers wish their engineers had some..! In a few years engineers notice that if they are not the best in their technical field.. the only way to advance or diferentiate themselves is through business acumen and/or soft-skills, something they never cared about before.
I already purchased the domain businessforengineers, but I'd like to craft more of a brand name for it. Business for engineers is just the stepping stone, but its more, its about vision, mindset, career growth, intrapreneurship etc.
This will be the DNA of the company:
- Informal community (not an MBA or academic)
- Practical for career growth (salary negotiation, personal branding) or horizontal moves (technical marketing, sales engineering)
- Accessible (under 100$ courses, relatively short and to the point)
- Can serve as my own personal brand for marketing and business consulting
List of names I like around "big picture/helicopter view":
- executivengineer.com (taken)
- strategicengineer.com (taken)
- beyondengineer.com (taken)
- wellroundedengineer.com (taken)
- helicopterengineer.com
- tshapedengineer.com
- newcollarengineer.com
- interpersonalengineer.com
- relationalengineer.com
- conciousengineer.com
- engineeringhustle.com (may give the wrong impression...?)
- ....
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
