The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

business for a young guy

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
Hello i'm a new user.. :) My name is Sebastian, i have 21 yo i study logistics and idk what to do exactly in life
Now i dont have job, i live in small city, virus etc, minimal/basic salary in my country is 500$/month

I write to you because i want help.. I please you to any suggestions for business for someone who starts and has little money, i was in technical school/high school of economics but i dont have any skills, only theory..
I tried with dropshipping on ebay and thats ok but i dont have enough money to buy these products with better margin to customers and i tried with forex but its F*ckin hard so now i dont know what to do, even in my city i dont have job offer, maybe emigrate to Germany on holiday season to work, because i sit at house and sit and I feel like an pussy but emigrate its too hard decision..
sorry for my english if there is a mistake, I read for the second time book "fastlane" aand this is one of the best books, makes me think but i dont have solution yet..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 1590087456987.png
    1590087456987.png
    312 bytes · Views: 15
  • 1590087460229.png
    1590087460229.png
    312 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1590087720166.png
    1590087720166.png
    312 bytes · Views: 1
  • 1590087733255.png
    1590087733255.png
    312 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Start small, buy & sell, look on the side hustles forum, gold threads, here's one, but there's more, check them out

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Hello i'm a new user.. :) My name is Sebastian, i have 21 yo i study logistics and idk what to do exactly in life
Now i dont have job, i live in small city, virus etc, minimal/basic salary in my country is 500$/month

I write to you because i want help.. I please you to any suggestions for business for someone who starts and has little money, i was in technical school/high school of economics but i dont have any skills, only theory..
I tried with dropshipping on ebay and thats ok but i dont have enough money to buy these products with better margin to customers and i tried with forex but its F*ckin hard so now i dont know what to do, even in my city i dont have job offer, maybe emigrate to Germany on holiday season to work, because i sit at house and sit and I feel like an pussy but emigrate its too hard decision..
sorry for my english if there is a mistake, I read for the second time book "fastlane" aand this is one of the best books, makes me think but i dont have solution yet..
Welcome to the forum!

One option that I think any able-bodied person can do is to start a service business. There's a lot of money to be made in landscaping, pressure washing, house cleaning, gutter cleaning, etc.

Take a look at what types of services the wealthier neighborhoods in your area will hire someone to do, and try offering those services. If you offer timely service, great quality, and excellent communication with your customers, you can get a lot of business. This can help you to build up the funds to do something bigger down the road.

Here's a good thread to give you some inspiration:

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
i was in technical school/high school of economics but i dont have any skills, only theory..
Just a thought, what did you study in technical school?
Are you able to repair things?

It might be possible to pick up things cheaply get them working & sell them on, or offer a repair service, a handyman for homeowners, even landlords if most people rent in your area.

If you're within traveling distance of Germany, a more affluent place than Poland, where people replace rather than repair, it could be a source of older/broken cheap consumer goods that can be upcycled & sold in Poland.

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
Thanks, i will tell you something
In monday i will receive information, if work as International forwarder is impossible for me.. if yes, i dont emigrate because thats huge chance for me, im without experience in transport yet but this profession is very responsible so if they accept I will be happy and learn a lot of

And what's about yours answers
First of all when I tried ebay I thought that I can use customer's money (everybody talk that it's for free, but paypal block money until client get her items, so thats is not a right in 100%, you must have cash flow) and I add bikes and created ads on Facebook for 6 PLN = 1,5 $ hah, after two nights I sold 4 bikes to usa.. imagine how happy I was when first customer bought 2x eh, next 1x and 1x.. i have about 1000PLN in clean profit.. thats its a half basic/minimum salary/month and next i see that paypal block money.. uhmm I gave the money back and apologized.. but I know how to do that, must start with something cheapier:)

In technical school I mainly studied accounting, this is very boring
I rather dont like mechanics etc.. im too nervous to manual things, I trained a long time and I like that but now I'm skinny.. personal trainer, influencer etc rather no, I don't like contact with people so much, sooner or later someone will upset me, I had a stressful childhood

What about culture.. in my City nobody hire somebody.. maybe in warsaw, poznan etc but no in city where live 30000 people :/ I think that people in Poland, they would be distrustful if I knocked on the door and asked about cleaning.. this may work rather if I add internet advertisement

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Thanks, i will tell you something
In monday i will receive information, if work as International forwarder is impossible for me.. if yes, i dont emigrate because thats huge chance for me, im without experience in transport yet but this profession is very responsible so if they accept I will be happy and learn a lot of

And what's about yours answers
First of all when I tried ebay I thought that I can use customer's money (everybody talk that it's for free, but paypal block money until client get her items, so thats is not a right in 100%, you must have cash flow) and I add bikes and created ads on Facebook for 6 PLN = 1,5 $ hah, after two nights I sold 4 bikes to usa.. imagine how happy I was when first customer bought 2x eh, next 1x and 1x.. i have about 1000PLN in clean profit.. thats its a half basic/minimum salary/month and next i see that paypal block money.. uhmm I gave the money back and apologized.. but I know how to do that, must start with something cheapier:)

In technical school I mainly studied accounting, this is very boring
I rather dont like mechanics etc.. im too nervous to manual things, I trained a long time and I like that but now I'm skinny.. personal trainer, influencer etc rather no, I don't like contact with people so much, sooner or later someone will upset me, I had a stressful childhood

What about culture.. in my City nobody hire somebody.. maybe in warsaw, poznan etc but no in city where live 30000 people :/ I think that people in Poland, they would be distrustful if I knocked on the door and asked about cleaning.. this may work rather if I add internet advertisement
Then I hope you get your chance in logistics. Freight forwarding isn't exciting BUT all the world's largest companies use air & ocean and there are lots of opportunities.

Most of my working career was in that field, mostly sales, some operations but in very diverse sectors.

If you don't get the job perhaps you can offer to do accounting for small businesses, one man companies, they usually don't have time or knowledge.
If you don't like meeting people, get a website & learn how to drive traffic to it.

The buy/sell I thought do it locally but I know it's hard in a small town, my town is only 10,000 people & mostly poor.

Living in a poor town isn't so bad, you can buy things cheap & sell it in a wealthier town.
But being poor they can't afford good things.
So back to square one. :happy:

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
I added today grill/barbecue and i had maybe.. 15$=60zł margin per item.. So i add ads in my facebook bussines, ads manager i wait for accept and..

"Unacceptable Business Practices Policy - We don't allow ads that promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices, including those meant to mislead or scam people out of money or personal information (ex: products that boost Facebook or Instagram likes, etc.). Please read through our Policy for more details including a few examples of do's and don'ts."
and i have disabled my fanpage now -,- when i added ads with bike a couple days before, all was fine... idk :/

I dont have any words on that because buy and sell that was something what i wanted to start on beginning.. if they hire me on forwarder i can make after a couple months around 1200$/month on hand (on production in germany i can have maybe 1500$ + on month, without education etc) and i will learn something practical, and thats ok because my dad is a driver so its related.. this is huge on small city, even above average salary in PL, we have developed transport in poland.. (in my city 30k people are 4 transport companies, or maybe more but 4 for sure) but Odysseus you have right, i will try move out to Poznań, rent a cheap room or something.

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
i will try move out to Poznań, rent a cheap room or something.
If you can, try to save some money first before you make a big move.
Of course if there's a job, go for it.
It's always good to have a little money for emergencies.
It's hard if you don't know anyone in the big city, they can be very lonely places.

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
But what give me bigger city? Maybe more work offer, maybe i will know a new people (but its hard to know ambitious people) and rather that's all? :)

Maybe if I add advertisements about cleaning houses I will get more clients but that's rather all.. if you see more advantages than me, please make me aware

In my opinion business is a change services/goods for money, if I dont have equipments (services/goods/experience) so.. It's harder to make money.. I think that the easiest way it's a hire in work and get experience (no production when you are between machines for xxxxxxxx usd and only grab things and put down.. its not a experience I think, I was here)
My homie worked as gardener by 2 years and he quit, bought only shovel, bus and have own company now.. but firstly he had to gain experience

So on that time for me are only available simply services, or buy and sell if Facebook unblock my fanpage because I can't add ads now :/or learn new skills and offer yes? or something else?

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Unfortunately, I have no local knowledge of where you live so it's hard to suggest.

Keep your eyes & ears open.

You need to find problems to solve; when people talk about things they hate, things that are inconvenient, things they wish were better, that's your opportunity.

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
One guy from poland told me that if i want money that must be point of my focus, like obsession and i must try and try a lot of niche/line and check what work, and if I am fussy I can wait and wait until the money grows on the tree or will fall from the sky because it's not will happen

I wrote to Facebook because its werid that they turned my fanpage to disabled, without ads I cant sell, nobody click and a few people only see advertisements

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
One guy from poland told me that if i want money that must be point of my focus, like obsession and i must try and try a lot of niche/line and check what work, and if I am fussy I can wait and wait until the money grows on the tree or will fall from the sky because it's not will happen

I wrote to Facebook because its werid that they turned my fanpage to disabled, without ads I cant sell, nobody click and a few people only see advertisements
Everyone has their preferred strategies, you have to find what works for you.

Selling on Facebook contravenes the commandment of control, it's their platform, they control what you can & can't do.

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
Ok but how i can add ads and where? facebook have intagram so on instagram i have disabled too.. these portals it's a huge opportunity for advertising ( in facebook bussines/manager you can do targeting on people, choose any country, age, interesting, even on these people who often buy something.. is like a laser)

Unfortunately we are dependent i must rather wait for unblock (idk why i'm disabled, they probably thought that i scam people but i dont.. that was only advertisement with mini grill with link to ebay).. i will set a goal and learn new skills in the meantime until they unblock, maybe i will learn graphics, photoshop, event management or something like that

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Ok but how i can add ads and where? facebook have intagram so on instagram i have disabled too.. these portals it's a huge opportunity for advertising ( in facebook bussines/manager you can do targeting on people, choose any country, age, interesting, even on these people who often buy something.. is like a laser)

Unfortunately we are dependent i must rather wait for unblock (idk why i'm disabled, they probably thought that i scam people but i dont.. that was only advertisement with mini grill with link to ebay).. i will set a goal and learn new skills in the meantime until they unblock, maybe i will learn graphics, photoshop, event management or something like that
That's the problem, all these free platforms have the people.
Maybe use the time to figure out ways of driving traffic to your own website.
Learn digital marketing, there's threads here, check out Sean Marshall's gold thread for starters.
Or Fox's web design thread

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
Ok but i tell you sth.. i see a lot of young people on US Youtube which add videos for example ' 500k on 3 months in dropshipping ', ' 200k on forex in month ', '737792925338 k on buy and sell apartments and houses ' that's all right and seriously? Its seems for me like fake reality and very easily on video when they speak about that xd..

I respect America and I know that's power.. idk if live cost are high or nah but yours salary in compare to PL are huge

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Ok but i tell you sth.. i see a lot of young people on US Youtube which add videos for example ' 500k on 3 months in dropshipping ', ' 200k on forex in month ', '737792925338 k on buy and sell apartments and houses ' that's all right and seriously? Its seems for me like fake reality and very easily on video when they speak about that xd..

I respect America and I know that's power.. idk if live cost are high or nah but yours salary in compare to PL are huge
Yup, and they're getting rich selling you courses on how to get rich.
Just like the get rich books.
"Rich Author, Poor Reader"

Sebol999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 21, 2020
Poland
I have disabled and " At this point there no further action that you may take. Please consider this decision final." uhmm.. so i must create a new fanpage and read all politics if i want continue drop.. but idk its limited by my side cash

You're right, in PL we have scammers too, they build contect and next offer you course maybe for 1000PLN * 1000 people and have 1 MLN, internet is strong, sell dream is very easy bussines
When i pleased about statement or something they told that they dont show me, they offer you course with technical analysis, draw a couple of lines and they think that its work haha what with psychology etc?.. can talk a lot about it but its pathetic, I can not imagine to show my face and offer something like that (when i know that is doesnt work or its not so easy like i say), maybe money can be big but its dishonor except when your course is solid, thats ok

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.