The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business concept

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
Do you think starting a high quality car paint Shop that is slightly expensier than average and provides top quality service a potential fastlane? Car paintshops can get up to 15-20% margins (net) so 1 000 000 euros revenue -) 150-200 000 euros profit. A whopping +10 000 a month!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Do you think starting a high quality car paint Shop that is slightly expensier than average and provides top quality service a potential fastlane? Car paintshops can get up to 15-20% margins (net) so 1 000 000 euros revenue -) 150-200 000 euros profit. A whopping +10 000 a month!
Have you read the books?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Please stop asking if something is "Fastlane."

Asking "Is this Fastlane?" is NOT Fastlane.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
1. Almost any type of business can make a lot of money. It's how they are run.
2. Read the books and then you will know if something follows the CENTS principles.
3. "Car paintshops can get up to 15-20% margins" says who? Google? Jesus Christ.
4. "so 1,000,000 revenue" easier said than done.
5. You going to lease a commercial space with no revenue? Have fun. Also, they will likely require 2-3 years minimum. Imagine you want to quit in a year. Good luck getting out of that lease. They will seize your assets and sue for for the rest of your rent for the entire lease agreement.
6. What evidence do you have that suggests that there's a shit load of customers who are desperate to hand over their money to get their cars painted? Any ad testing? Any evidence? Is there no competitors available nearby? Or are you just making up business ideas?

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
1. Almost any type of business can make a lot of money. It's how they are run.
2. Read the books and then you will know if something follows the CENTS principles.
3. "Car paintshops can get up to 15-20% margins" says who? Google? Jesus Christ.
4. "so 1,000,000 revenue" easier said than done.
5. You going to lease a commercial space with no revenue? Have fun. Also, they will likely require 2-3 years minimum. Imagine you want to quit in a year. Good luck getting out of that lease. They will seize your assets and sue for for the rest of your rent for the entire lease agreement.
6. What evidence do you have that suggests that there's a shit load of customers who are desperate to hand over their money to get their cars painted? Any ad testing? Any evidence? Is there no competitors available nearby? Or are you just making up business ideas?
I know that 15-20% margins are possible because in my hometown there is a car paint shop and the revenue and profit can be seen from the last five years. That shop has done it consistently. 2. I have read the millionaire fastlane 3. 1 million in revenue is possible, althought very hard to achieve. 4. Who said i want to be in this business for only 1 year? 5. Althou there are competitors, "someone is doing it!" Is no problem. For example when Google was founded there were a lot of search engines already existing, but that didn't stop Larry Page

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I have read the millionaire fastlane . That business fails at the commandment of scale, but it can still be expanded by franchising or adding new units.
Lets come at this from another angle other than CENTS.

1. How big is your market? Roughly how many cars are repainted?
2. How big is the area you can operate in? Distance wise how far away is too far away for a car to come and be repainted in your shop?
3. Whats the initial investment cost? Rent/Real estate, equipment, supplies, labor, utilities, marketing/branding, maintenence, acounting and taxes.
4. Whats your value skew? What do you offer that the other shops arent? Why should clients come to you?
5. Whats your upside, your best case scenario?
6. Whats your worst case scenario?

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
Lets come at this from another angle other than CENTS.

1. How big is your market? Roughly how many cars are repainted?
2. How big is the area you can operate in? Distance wise how far away is too far away for a car to come and be repainted in your shop?
3. Whats the initial investment cost? Rent/Real estate, equipment, supplies, labor, utilities, marketing/branding, maintenence, acounting and taxes.
4. Whats your value skew? What do you offer that the other shops arent? Why should clients come to you?
5. Whats your upside, your best case scenario?
6. Whats your worst case scenario?
It's hard to say how big the market would be. Depends on what city I would establish it. The initial costs are probably 150-200 000€ I was just thinking would this business be scalable.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
It's hard to say how big the market would be. Depends on what city I would establish it. The initial costs are probably 150-200 000€ I was just thinking would this business be scalable.
Dream on man, dream on.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
They're giving you shit because you sound like a noob or just about any other person in here who comes in here and asks if this is a good idea. I personally don't blame you it comes with time. Don't chase money. "Money eludes those who chase it" I believe that's in MJ's first book.

I would recommend you read MJ's next book Unscripted as well.

Don't talk about money just do. It'll take time for you to see how people are with money. I even cringe looking back at my old introduction thread. I hope to see you around for a while. Just remember probably like 100k have read MJ's book and know the tools to success. Only 10k or less likely have tried to apply it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.