The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business and Non Profit Credit

yunghova35

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 16, 2008
I have a question about obtaining credit with a non profit organization or a business. I keep trying to get credit that is NON backed by me personally (SSN's), but I cant seem to find a bank that will do it. Am I tripping or isn't the purpose of starting a business to have a SEPARATE entity, how can it be separate if I am backing the credit for it. Are these banks just trying to pull a fast one or is backing the credit for a business the way things work?

Can anyone suggest a bank where I don't have to back the credit for my Non profit. I am not trying to get a loan just a biz CC for my non profit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
I am not trying to get a loan just a biz CC for my non profit.

If you have a paydex of 80 with D&B or a high score on your BUSINESS credit report, you can get a business CC with no personal guarantee from Key Bank.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
If it was as easy as incorporating and taking out unsecured lines of credit, everybody on the planet would be doing this and the banks would be out of business from all the failed businesses not paying back their debts.

You have to prove your companies worth and have a proven track record like Trump does before you can get them to start handing you money with no personal guarentee -- and by the time you get to that level, your reputation will be more important to you than anything, so it will kind of defeat the point of having the unsecured lines in the first place :)

The real world is often so different from the self-help books out there.

- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.