The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Acquisition Entrepreneurship training - acquira.com & acquisitions.com

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
Does anyone have experience with these 2 or similar programs?
Both seem quite similar in concept. They are basically courses and "networks", selling systems on how to value, finance, acquire and to some extent run and eventually sell businesses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
It sounds like another thing that will go FBA and drop-shipping route.

You might get in early, do youtube and courses and ride the fad.

99% sure that it will go that way.

ReeZ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 9, 2016
I've done the acquistions.com

It's similar to QLA and the guy from what I remember, is a mentee of Dan Pena. - There was a thread on him a while back somewhere on the forum.

What do you wish to know?

G

Guest1413tpa

I went through one that was quite different. Gave me some resources and was actually worth the cost.

These ones look a little sketchy though, like dropshipping or FBA.

ReeZ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 9, 2016
Oh that's interesting.

Did you find it worthwhile? Did you end up using their methods to actually acquire a business?
Moran's course was ok-ish. Could be said to be a good introduction, but that's about it. I suppose one could go ahead and utilize the techniques/resources Moran offered to acquire a business.

The course was pretty much Moran talking through slides, and explaining some concepts. Which again is useable, but it wasn't necessarily high-quality. Of course, there were some drafts of contracts, NDA's, Q&A sessions.

This whole concept is pretty much copying what the big businesses are doing. In SME M&A is rarely used for growing a company. In big business, it's the one that's most used. This course and others like it are simply introducing this concept on a smaller scale.

In regards to it being worthwhile, it depends on how you apply the information. Haven't read it, but Walker Deibel's "Buy Then Build" (only referring to book, don't know about their course) has gotten good reviews, and would be much cheaper - Thought I don't know to which degree the content overlaps each other.
At the end of the day, it comes down to how the information is applied.

Moran's course again was ok. It works as an introduction. There are other courses out there that are better, but they also come with bigger price tags.

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
At the end of the day, it comes down to how the information is applied.

Moran's course again was ok. It works as an introduction. There are other courses out there that are better, but they also come with bigger price tags.

That’s very useful insight for sure. Thank you so much for taking the time,

JAVB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Apr 20, 2011
Florida, USA
Has anyone here signed up for the Acquira program?

Colin, what did you decide to do with Acquira? I'm considering them but it's $10k!
That’s very useful insight for sure. Thank you so much for taking the time,

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
Has anyone here signed up for the Acquira program?

Colin, what did you decide to do with Acquira? I'm considering them but it's $10k!
I stayed in touch with them but they were not interested in my industry niche (child care), so we decided it probably wasn’t a good fit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.