The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business #3 - From Beginning To The End

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Martin Tale

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 14, 2015
Business/Idea - Not sure what it's yet..
Like all of us we have million ideas on what to do. I have selected one that shows the most promise from early research and that's within my financial range. It's going to be an e-commerce venture focusing on just 1 main product that's bundled in few different ways. There is a chance that I'll switch it to another one or evolve it as I go if my market research turns out disappointing.

My Background

I have always gone in great length about this but I'm leaving it out this time as it in no way contribute to what I'm doing now.
My Intro: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/i-was-there-and-now-im-here-fastlane.64646/

Progress - 16 December

• Stopped full time reading of the forum (it's already evening);
  • Started in depth research about the product and its market.
Thoughts
I think I made a mistake by already starting to contact suppliers from Alibaba.. Without even validating the idea for the product..

Progress - 17 December
  • Continued the research, laws, regulations in Europe and the product itself;
  • Decided on the brand name;
  • Registered domain;
  • Sketched and requested logo design;
  • Created social media accounts:
    • for Facebook;
    • for Twitter;
    • for Pinterest;
    • for Google+;
  • Found 3 interested designers/artists - have to choose one now;
  • Made sketches of the product;
  • Created an asset list I need to create for these accounts;
Thoughts
  • I now have a much clearer picture with what I'm dealing here - which is good.
  • Still confused of many aspects of product development but I'm working on that.
  • Thinking whether I should create Instagram account for marketing purposes as well. Have to investigate this..
P.S. Thanks to inspiring @SinisterLex progress thread I decided to start my own.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Martin Tale

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 14, 2015
Progress - 18 December
  • Continued work with one of the artists - first 3d model sketches look very promising;
  • Artist decide against creating a logo as he want to be more involved in 3d scene - outsourced it to Fiverr;
  • Created Instagram account;
  • Set up a basic website - need the logo to continue building some parts of it;
  • Researched technologies involved in my product - lost focus and wasted a lot of time on unimportant but relevant information;
  • Simplified my product.
Thoughts
  • I need to create smaller actionable plan for each day so I don't lose focus on the important things;
  • Need to start focusing on gaining social media traction/followers and experiment.

Martin Tale

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 14, 2015
Progress - 19 December
  • 3d artist presented his first concept - looks great;
  • Logo design came back from Fiverr - was very disappointed;
  • Made the logo on my own - took much longer as I don't really work with design tools;
  • Setup all social accounts with descriptions, images and covers that I created;
  • Created a basic structure for the brand website and forum associated with it;
  • Helped 2 people to not give up on their goals and that helped me to push forward;
Thoughts
  • Thinking of giving a rebirth to my personal blog and use it for these daily updates as they are mainly for myself;
  • If I go that route I'll be posting weekly updates here instead of daily ones - I think it will give more value to others;
  • Going to start providing stats on traffic, money spent/earned etc;
Balance: -5

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.