The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Built an app for podcasters...

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Hello! I built a quick tool for podcasters to transform/share their audio clip into video waveform in 3 easy steps.

Podclipper - Podcast clipper Podclipper - Podcast clipper on the App Store
what do you think?

I have more ideas, but i want to start validating this...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
My initial thoughts:

Not sure why it is called PodTrimmer. Although it has the ability to trim the audio files, isn't its main function/selling feature to create a video waveform from the audio? I think it would be better to focus on the aspect of making it a waveform, other than simply trimming (which can easily be done). Something like PodToVideo would make more sense.

The app icon looks pretty good, but could use some refining. I would add a subtle gradient, shrink the symbols so they aren't as close to the edges, and experiment changing the "sound waves" (that look like wifi symbol) into a waveform. Again, the scissors don't make much sense. Maybe try combining a waveform with a video play button symbol or something.

I overall like the UI of the app. I think the titles of each app page (e.g. "Choose Audio Trim") should be slightly larger. I'm not a fan of the transparent white squares with rounded corners and gray stroke. I think something thinner and more vertical would make the trimming aspect seem more precise.

One gripe is I think the first image on iTunes should be "Transform your podcast..." or similar. "Create your podcast into..." is awkward. Also, perhaps emphasize more the ability to customize the waveform. You could consider adding a demo video or an example of a finished video clip.

Overall I like the app. I assume you've already done some market research and validation prior to creating it, so I'd say refine those things and keep going.

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
My initial thoughts:

Thank you so much!
I'm in the process of adding automatic captions and you're right I need to buff my UI. I built this app in 2 weeks.
What do you think to name it "Podgram?" those things are called audiograms

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
i see some traction, next update will include new technology i been developing for months and i will change it to subscription service instead of in app purchases.
i had to learn about low level graphics, rendering theory, re learn linear algebra, geometry, etc...
it was hard, but rewarding.

weekdays i code full days! app + day job

don't give up!

thanks to @MJ DeMarco for lighting the fire when i was 23

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
I dont know the first thing about Podcasts but I liked that you had your App's name in the corner of the artwork.

Would it be too much to have each clip have powered by PodClipper at the end? I don't know if that is too intrusive but it might help with growth/traction

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.