The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building your forum up

Marketing, social media, advertising

Anthony Gordon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 4, 2016
Hi I have created a website to help the everyday average person start looking into creating a better life whether its building wealth or for personal development.

it has book reviews (mj's books are there) podcasts, forum and blogs.

its only been a few weeks and its for people in Australia but I am wondering if people can help guide me on the best way to get people to sign up to the forum and start chatting, obviously there are heaps of forums around but yeah. I am new to this and open for any ideas.

I am already try fb, have a insta page and now pinterest. people are slowy looking but obviously I would like members.

looking forward to replies

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Give them a signup bonus, e.g. signup & get free ebook.
Do content marketing: basically spamming your blog posts as links everywhere. The blog acts as a lead in: if people are interested in that topic they may want to participate in discussion about it.
Some kind of referral bonus system (works better when already have a core of initial users).
Doing giveaways: e.g. I'll choose a post at random and send them a gift card, which encourages engagement.
Focusing on specific areas where there's no other good place to discuss a niche topic.

Anthony Gordon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 4, 2016
Give them a signup bonus, e.g. signup & get free ebook.
Do content marketing: basically spamming your blog posts as links everywhere. The blog acts as a lead in: if people are interested in that topic they may want to participate in discussion about it.
Some kind of referral bonus system (works better when already have a core of initial users).
Doing giveaways: e.g. I'll choose a post at random and send them a gift card, which encourages engagement.
Focusing on specific areas where there's no other good place to discuss a niche topic.
thank you for this, i will definitely look more into an idea for this

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Just accept that it will take time. My guess is that 99% of forums get shut down or die. They get shut down because the owner expected it to be easier or take less time; and they die because they don't keep it maintained and competitive and people move onto something newer and better.

Think in the ballpark of 2 years to get a substantial snowball rolling. Building a blog following takes time, building a forum community takes longer. The more compelling their reason to do so (what makes your place stand out vs just a subreddit?), the quicker it will happen.

Also make your registration process as easy as possible. A lot of forums make it a pain in the a$$, big long registration forms which ask a bunch of questions etc. Make sure you've got analytics so you can see the user behaviour flow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anthony Gordon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 4, 2016
Just accept that it will take time. My guess is that 99% of forums get shut down or die. They get shut down because the owner expected it to be easier or take less time; and they die because they don't keep it maintained and competitive and people move onto something newer and better.

Think in the ballpark of 2 years to get a substantial snowball rolling. Building a blog following takes time, building a forum community takes longer. The more compelling their reason to do so (what makes your place stand out vs just a subreddit?), the quicker it will happen.

Also make your registration process as easy as possible. A lot of forums make it a pain in the a$$, big long registration forms which ask a bunch of questions etc. Make sure you've got analytics so you can see the user behaviour flow.
Hi

thank you for your advice and yeah i admit i think i just need time. the forum is definitely easy to sign up too, but there is one thing annoying that i have noticed. If someone replies to someones post it doesnt email that person letting them know that someone has replied. It is just a WP forum and i went through settings but couldnt find if i could allow that action.

You are right it is definitely a time situation like any business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.