The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building the toolbox

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AI147

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 31, 2019
I’m getting decision fatigue and so I need to make a decision and get to work, I’ve explained my dilemma and thought process below:

Hey Guys,

I have a few problems and I’ve kept it as concise as possible:

Firstly, my situation in life for context:

I’ve got a stress free remote FT job that really takes 20 hours rather than 40. I have time but not a lot of capital. I have 3k to start outside of my emergency fund investments etc.. I can take this to 5-10k but is there a need? More capital is always better but I’m aware if you know what you're doing, 3k is enough. Anyways, this is the least of my issues and capital is not a problem. I’ve got access to 20k at ANY time.

Now to my problems:

1. Currently, I have no skills and so have determined I need to gain 2 skills to a high enough level ( google ads and facebook ads ) I also intend to understand email marketing and CRO enough to be able to start the business. Okay so using my brain I need a job to gain me these skills the question is..
  2. Do I work for someone who runs a successful e-commerce business and use that as a template to launch my own store? OR do I work for an e-ecommerce agency and master a skill then use this skill and my understanding of the other pieces and launch my business.
  3. Also, do I offer a trial to work for free or not?

I have a good enough idea on how to get the job, it;s choosing the right job to get the right skills to launch it.

Quick side note: Yes, I can learn this all myself and the time is there but is that good strategy? Maybe I’ve over thought it or actually thought about it on a deep level.. I have no idea.

Be critical, harsh and provide whatever advice you feel is appropriate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.