The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Building the toolbox

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

AI147

New Contributor
Aug 31, 2019
I’m getting decision fatigue and so I need to make a decision and get to work, I’ve explained my dilemma and thought process below:

Hey Guys,

I have a few problems and I’ve kept it as concise as possible:

Firstly, my situation in life for context:

I’ve got a stress free remote FT job that really takes 20 hours rather than 40. I have time but not a lot of capital. I have 3k to start outside of my emergency fund investments etc.. I can take this to 5-10k but is there a need? More capital is always better but I’m aware if you know what you're doing, 3k is enough. Anyways, this is the least of my issues and capital is not a problem. I’ve got access to 20k at ANY time.

Now to my problems:

1. Currently, I have no skills and so have determined I need to gain 2 skills to a high enough level ( google ads and facebook ads ) I also intend to understand email marketing and CRO enough to be able to start the business. Okay so using my brain I need a job to gain me these skills the question is..
  2. Do I work for someone who runs a successful e-commerce business and use that as a template to launch my own store? OR do I work for an e-ecommerce agency and master a skill then use this skill and my understanding of the other pieces and launch my business.
  3. Also, do I offer a trial to work for free or not?

I have a good enough idea on how to get the job, it;s choosing the right job to get the right skills to launch it.

Quick side note: Yes, I can learn this all myself and the time is there but is that good strategy? Maybe I’ve over thought it or actually thought about it on a deep level.. I have no idea.

Be critical, harsh and provide whatever advice you feel is appropriate.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom