What's new

Building the toolbox

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

AI147

New Contributor
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Messages
7
Rep Bank
$65
User Power: 100%
I’m getting decision fatigue and so I need to make a decision and get to work, I’ve explained my dilemma and thought process below:


Hey Guys,

I have a few problems and I’ve kept it as concise as possible:

Firstly, my situation in life for context:

I’ve got a stress free remote FT job that really takes 20 hours rather than 40. I have time but not a lot of capital. I have 3k to start outside of my emergency fund investments etc.. I can take this to 5-10k but is there a need? More capital is always better but I’m aware if you know what you're doing, 3k is enough. Anyways, this is the least of my issues and capital is not a problem. I’ve got access to 20k at ANY time.

Now to my problems:

  1. Currently, I have no skills and so have determined I need to gain 2 skills to a high enough level ( google ads and facebook ads ) I also intend to understand email marketing and CRO enough to be able to start the business. Okay so using my brain I need a job to gain me these skills the question is..
  2. Do I work for someone who runs a successful e-commerce business and use that as a template to launch my own store? OR do I work for an e-ecommerce agency and master a skill then use this skill and my understanding of the other pieces and launch my business.
  3. Also, do I offer a trial to work for free or not?

I have a good enough idea on how to get the job, it;s choosing the right job to get the right skills to launch it.

Quick side note: Yes, I can learn this all myself and the time is there but is that good strategy? Maybe I’ve over thought it or actually thought about it on a deep level.. I have no idea.

Be critical, harsh and provide whatever advice you feel is appropriate.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom