The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Premium Residential Cleaning Company

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

regilmour

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 1, 2016
Boston
How are you planning to be any different than Handy or the other companies currently in Boston that are charging less than $33 an hour and provide eco-friendly supplies?

Well Handy targets more price conscious customers. They are on the low end. Their reviews online accurately describe them. They are not a phenomenal or high end cleaning company. Naturally because they don't pay their cleaners much there is a high turnover rate, so they don't retain quality cleaners. A college kid would use Handy to clean their apartment, because their are a lot more price conscious.

A lot of other companies that are able to charge less than $33 a hour are not Insured or Bonded or Certified, and if they are, a lot of them dont invest heavily into marketing and are not willing to pay $50-$100 to acquire a customer, while I am willing to. I am going to have my cleaners trained if possible. Since I am starting small I can tailor cleanings specifically and exactly to what the customers want.

We will also do promotional runs that would bring 2 hour cleanings down to just $45.

That is why I want to outsource my adwords, because I want to target a very specific upper class niche willing to fork out the extra $$$ for a better quality cleaning, mainly in downtown Boston.

In the end I think Handy is targeting a different niche than I am. I think eco green cleaning companies are also targeting a different niche, but that is one that I would eventually like to get into.

But you do raise some valid points, I want to create a much better experience for the client. High quality cleaners...my own private label products left in the clients home such as air fresheners for free...hand written thank you cards...follow up cards...I eventually will provide eco friendly cleaning supplies, I honestly just hanvt done that much research on the supplies, I obviously want to give the cleaners the best possible supplies...my cleaners wont leave me over salary concerns, this gives them the chance to build a relationship with clients.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Have you considered paying your cleaners minimum wage and giving them a percentage of each job based on performance?

That way, it incentives them to do more houses and provide a better service and protects you because it lessens the burdens of high payroll

PrimeLF

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 7, 2017
United States

regilmour

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 1, 2016
Boston
Have you considered paying your cleaners minimum wage and giving them a percentage of each job based on performance?

That way, it incentives them to do more houses and provide a better service and protects you because it lessens the burdens of high payroll

Well that is an idea.

But the problem is now that I am charging hourly, what would I give them a percentage off? I really did not like the flat rate model because it limits my cleaners to providing the best quality job possible because its less customisable to fit the customers needs. Some customers who have a 2bed 2bath only need a maid for a couple hours while others might need one for 4 hours. So they amount they would make per hour would vary greatly. That is why I opted for the hourly pricing with a minimum of 2 hours.

If I ever run into problems with this system, similar to the problems I ran into with the flat rate system, then I assume the mix of the two, like you suggested, would be the best business model.

Thanks for the idea though!!!

regilmour

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 1, 2016
Boston
I would recommend making a more personalized website. I'm unsure if you looked at this, but it's too similar.
Brite Touch Cleaning : Top Rated Cleaning Services

Having a more personalized website can help you feel more "real" and unique to your possible clients.

Yeah that website has many similarities to mine. We must have bought it from the same wordpress site vendor!

I am looking at making a bunch of changes to my website to give a more personal and unique experience. Including adding a animated video about how easy it is too book etc on the home page and replacing the slider system. I want to re write the about us page. And move some things around. Create pages...delete some pages..add photos..take out some photos...To be honest the website needs a lot of work, but it can be done on the side while I am switching my business model since most of my first few sales will come from word of mouth.

When I get the Insurance, Janitorial Bond, and Certification, I am going to show them as badges on the website.

I have some other ideas too, as soon as I get back to the U.S. I will get started on that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.