The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Luxury Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Burning Desire

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Starting a luxury goods business with a partner. My partner has been in the space for ~10 years and has a good understanding of supply chain, sales etc. We also have a few talented designers lined up. I'll be more on the corporate/business development side.

The vision is to build a new global luxury brand.

This will probably need external funding at some stage. We are aiming to create a minimum viable product in the output of a successful collection, and then scale it with proper funding.

Immediate next steps are:
- Launch website
- Grow Instagram (currently at 3K high-quality followers)
- Define the digital marketing plan
- Work with designers on the first collection
- Generate leads for bespoke items (target is to do >$100K profit in 2019)

Thinking to do either weekly or monthly updates. Probably the latter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Burning Desire

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Oops, I promised myself to post regularly, but then didn't do it. Not helpful to track progress publicly I guess, but it's not because the wheels haven't been turning. Have to post more often.

Update:
- We have launched a beta version of the site. It looks pretty good, but is a bit unstable across different platforms (i.e. works great on PC but less so on mobile - think it should be mobile optimized)
- Got a couple of clients through word of mouth (we did not really expect this) who want to have bespoke work done. Pretty cool that this is coming through already
- We found a very talented designer who lacks the skills to operate a business. Truly a win-win for our format (note that we did kiss quite a few frogs, but such is the barrier to success)
- Met a few photographers who can document our work properly. So far we have taken pictures ourselves. While we are pretty good, we are definitely not pros
- Currently building the framework to launch a capsule collection with the designer we found. Still hammering out the commercials

We are really bootstrapping most of the work so it's all going a bit slow. We did hire some guys to do some basic follow/unfollow on IG.

Can you give more details about the brand?

Any advice on getting high quality followers...why they follow you?

Once we have some traction I may share more details. Getting high-quality followers is very difficult these days. IG is saturated with good content. Basically you need top-notch content and actively engage with people in your niche. If you post a lot you may get lucky. Sometimes it's just about picking up a top spot in a medium-sized hashtag and a big influencer engaging with you. Obviously you can't spend the entire day on social media interacting with people, so we tend to have a blend of true interaction (we) and hired guns (i.e. offshore assistants).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.