The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Please Leave the Politics to CNN and FOX.
    Just a reminder that political topics/memes are prohibited, unless discussed within the realm of business and investment, for example, the impact the new Treasury Secretary might have with BTC. Please help keep the forum free of politics. (And I promise to do better myself!)
  • Join 60,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

EXECUTION Building a Luxury Business

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Burning Desire

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jan 8, 2018
London
Starting a luxury goods business with a partner. My partner has been in the space for ~10 years and has a good understanding of supply chain, sales etc. We also have a few talented designers lined up. I'll be more on the corporate/business development side.

The vision is to build a new global luxury brand.

This will probably need external funding at some stage. We are aiming to create a minimum viable product in the output of a successful collection, and then scale it with proper funding.

Immediate next steps are:
- Launch website
- Grow Instagram (currently at 3K high-quality followers)
- Define the digital marketing plan
- Work with designers on the first collection
- Generate leads for bespoke items (target is to do >$100K profit in 2019)

Thinking to do either weekly or monthly updates. Probably the latter.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

mercenariez

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
Sounds like a lot of work, but with high potential returns. Good luck.

Burning Desire

New Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
London
Oops, I promised myself to post regularly, but then didn't do it. Not helpful to track progress publicly I guess, but it's not because the wheels haven't been turning. Have to post more often.

Update:
- We have launched a beta version of the site. It looks pretty good, but is a bit unstable across different platforms (i.e. works great on PC but less so on mobile - think it should be mobile optimized)
- Got a couple of clients through word of mouth (we did not really expect this) who want to have bespoke work done. Pretty cool that this is coming through already
- We found a very talented designer who lacks the skills to operate a business. Truly a win-win for our format (note that we did kiss quite a few frogs, but such is the barrier to success)
- Met a few photographers who can document our work properly. So far we have taken pictures ourselves. While we are pretty good, we are definitely not pros
- Currently building the framework to launch a capsule collection with the designer we found. Still hammering out the commercials

We are really bootstrapping most of the work so it's all going a bit slow. We did hire some guys to do some basic follow/unfollow on IG.

Can you give more details about the brand?

Any advice on getting high quality followers...why they follow you?

Once we have some traction I may share more details. Getting high-quality followers is very difficult these days. IG is saturated with good content. Basically you need top-notch content and actively engage with people in your niche. If you post a lot you may get lucky. Sometimes it's just about picking up a top spot in a medium-sized hashtag and a big influencer engaging with you. Obviously you can't spend the entire day on social media interacting with people, so we tend to have a blend of true interaction (we) and hired guns (i.e. offshore assistants).

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom