• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Building a Luxury Business

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Burning Desire, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Burning Desire

Burning Desire New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $101
    Starting a luxury goods business with a partner. My partner has been in the space for ~10 years and has a good understanding of supply chain, sales etc. We also have a few talented designers lined up. I'll be more on the corporate/business development side.

The vision is to build a new global luxury brand.

This will probably need external funding at some stage. We are aiming to create a minimum viable product in the output of a successful collection, and then scale it with proper funding.

Immediate next steps are:
    - Launch website
    - Grow Instagram (currently at 3K high-quality followers)
    - Define the digital marketing plan
    - Work with designers on the first collection
    - Generate leads for bespoke items (target is to do >$100K profit in 2019)

Thinking to do either weekly or monthly updates. Probably the latter.

ruzara5 and Dre2001 like this.
  2. Logomet

Logomet Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $986
    Can you give more details about the brand?

Any advice on getting high quality followers...why they follow you?

AgainstAllOdds and ruzara5 like this.
  3. ruzara5

ruzara5 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,105
    Maybe some CENTS. Bespoke as a niche and lux is evergreen. Combined with a unique product. Could carve a path.

4. mercenariez

mercenariez Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Sounds like a lot of work, but with high potential returns. Good luck.

5. Burning Desire

Burning Desire New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $101
    Oops, I promised myself to post regularly, but then didn't do it. Not helpful to track progress publicly I guess, but it's not because the wheels haven't been turning. Have to post more often.

Update:
    - We have launched a beta version of the site. It looks pretty good, but is a bit unstable across different platforms (i.e. works great on PC but less so on mobile - think it should be mobile optimized)
    - Got a couple of clients through word of mouth (we did not really expect this) who want to have bespoke work done. Pretty cool that this is coming through already
    - We found a very talented designer who lacks the skills to operate a business. Truly a win-win for our format (note that we did kiss quite a few frogs, but such is the barrier to success)
    - Met a few photographers who can document our work properly. So far we have taken pictures ourselves. While we are pretty good, we are definitely not pros
    - Currently building the framework to launch a capsule collection with the designer we found. Still hammering out the commercials

We are really bootstrapping most of the work so it's all going a bit slow. We did hire some guys to do some basic follow/unfollow on IG.

Once we have some traction I may share more details. Getting high-quality followers is very difficult these days. IG is saturated with good content. Basically you need top-notch content and actively engage with people in your niche. If you post a lot you may get lucky. Sometimes it's just about picking up a top spot in a medium-sized hashtag and a big influencer engaging with you. Obviously you can't spend the entire day on social media interacting with people, so we tend to have a blend of true interaction (we) and hired guns (i.e. offshore assistants).

ruzara5 likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.