What's new

Building a Business to Replace My Pilot Income

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
Thank you for this. I agree with you. The only thing I'd say is that these top two points are just temporary.

Financially speaking, I just felt I wasn't managing things so well. My plan is to invest a bit of time now, so that I don't have to think too much about it later.

For the language exam, it's just something that I want to do in order to get a job in another airline as a pilot. It'll be a few months of effort, but once it's done I'll have a certificate and be able to apply for the job when they open.

Running is just a hobby of mine and I find it really helps keep me in shape considering how much time I spend sitting at work somedays. I already ran a marathon this year, but yeah you're right, I'm willing to drop long distances races and just maintain my fitness through casual running and gym.

Generally, don't tell people what you're doing because it can mess with your head. If you have conviction that this is the right thing to do then go for it - focus all your energy on the objective. Just because I don't get it, doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do.

That being said... I don't get it.

I don't understand the financial thing. That energy could go into running the business.
The language thing... unless you're at B2 already it's a massive time investment.
Running is okay I think. Exercise gives you energy and helps you clear your head.

You're already working every hour under the sun on your day job. The business needs some focus too?

Now, just because I don't get it does not mean you're on the wrong path. You know your situation better than I do.
Perhaps deep down, you know this set of skills (language, finance, running) will coalesce into something more - and that will super accelerate you to the fast lane. Perhaps...

Anyway, I wish you the best.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom