The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Breakthrough moments are not immediate

Anything related to matters of the mind

Lalulu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2019
Hi guys!

I have been a long-time lurker, and just wanted to take time to thank you all for participating in this forum, it has been amazing help to me over the years and always provided me extra motivation to keep striving to achieve my goals.

Hoping that I can give back even in a small way, I wanted to share a little about a few breakthroughs I have had in the last 5 years.

One of the biggest lessons I have learnt and I constantly need to remind myself is that these breakthroughs don’t happen immediately and that some breakthroughs take longer to happen. It's when you have time to reflect this is when you know “hey, I don’t believe that/think that way anymore”

• Corporate Job doesn’t equal security

I was hell bent on creating a career in HR, I was going to be the youngest VP there was, there was nothing going to stop me. I had always had an interest in starting my own business, did a few side hustles, but never really thought anything more of them that. Then I got a promotion, closer to that magical VP role. I distinctly remember the day when I sat in my new office, 2 weeks in to this exciting role and thinking I can NOT do this for the next 40 years, I would rather not exist if this is my life. So then and there, I started to plan out my exit plan, but my INTP personality didn’t agree with this, once I had decided this wasn’t for me it was like torture going in there everyday. One morning a panic attack ensued and I left my cushy job and never went back.

The deep belief however that I needed my career to fall back on, that I needed to continue to add to my resume, that I needed to keep face as a the perfect employee was deep. I went through a hard time, depression and so much guilt that sometimes getting out of bed was hard. But on a positive note, those hard times forced me to give everything I had to make my business a success. Then overtime I didn’t care as much about my career, didn’t care as much about my resume and started to believe more I can do this.

• A million-dollar year business

One of the reasons I wanted to start my own business was to have some control over what I earn. Constantly I was left disappointed when I tried to get a raise, but it was never the right time or not in the budget. Starting a business from scratch it always feels like such a huge undertaking to achieve sales targets.

My big audacious goal was to get $1MIL sales in a financial year. I remember the day when I told my husband this goal and proudly declared that we will achieve this and he gave me a little “yeah, right haha” but maybe this made me strive harder and I truly started to believe that we would achieve this. I had my goal, then worked backwards and knew exactly what we needed to get there. It may have taken 4 years to get to, a lot of sacrifice, doubts and tears, but I got there!

And now my goal is $1MIL month, which over this past month we were just shy $120k, so close! My money beliefs are endless now, I know I can work out my target and work backwards. It may not always be linear, but I will hustle and get there eventually.

This year I am now facing new challenges, both business and personal and sometimes we all need to have a little reminder that change takes time, so just don’t ever give up!

Lu x

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hi guys!

I have been a long-time lurker, and just wanted to take time to thank you all for participating in this forum, it has been amazing help to me over the years and always provided me extra motivation to keep striving to achieve my goals.

Hoping that I can give back even in a small way, I wanted to share a little about a few breakthroughs I have had in the last 5 years.

One of the biggest lessons I have learnt and I constantly need to remind myself is that these breakthroughs don’t happen immediately and that some breakthroughs take longer to happen. It's when you have time to reflect this is when you know “hey, I don’t believe that/think that way anymore”

• Corporate Job doesn’t equal security

I was hell bent on creating a career in HR, I was going to be the youngest VP there was, there was nothing going to stop me. I had always had an interest in starting my own business, did a few side hustles, but never really thought anything more of them that. Then I got a promotion, closer to that magical VP role. I distinctly remember the day when I sat in my new office, 2 weeks in to this exciting role and thinking I can NOT do this for the next 40 years, I would rather not exist if this is my life. So then and there, I started to plan out my exit plan, but my INTP personality didn’t agree with this, once I had decided this wasn’t for me it was like torture going in there everyday. One morning a panic attack ensued and I left my cushy job and never went back.

The deep belief however that I needed my career to fall back on, that I needed to continue to add to my resume, that I needed to keep face as a the perfect employee was deep. I went through a hard time, depression and so much guilt that sometimes getting out of bed was hard. But on a positive note, those hard times forced me to give everything I had to make my business a success. Then overtime I didn’t care as much about my career, didn’t care as much about my resume and started to believe more I can do this.

• A million-dollar year business

One of the reasons I wanted to start my own business was to have some control over what I earn. Constantly I was left disappointed when I tried to get a raise, but it was never the right time or not in the budget. Starting a business from scratch it always feels like such a huge undertaking to achieve sales targets.

My big audacious goal was to get $1MIL sales in a financial year. I remember the day when I told my husband this goal and proudly declared that we will achieve this and he gave me a little “yeah, right haha” but maybe this made me strive harder and I truly started to believe that we would achieve this. I had my goal, then worked backwards and knew exactly what we needed to get there. It may have taken 4 years to get to, a lot of sacrifice, doubts and tears, but I got there!

And now my goal is $1MIL month, which over this past month we were just shy $120k, so close! My money beliefs are endless now, I know I can work out my target and work backwards. It may not always be linear, but I will hustle and get there eventually.

This year I am now facing new challenges, both business and personal and sometimes we all need to have a little reminder that change takes time, so just don’t ever give up!

Lu x
Congrats Lux.

Mindset shifts tend to bubble under the surface for a while until something makes them “pop”.

For me, it was the instant my daughter was born and I saw her face for the first time.

Keep it up, and quit lurking! You’ve got too much good stuff in there to share.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.