The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Break Free

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
images

Ok, this is my new singular goal.

I've had plans before, create this biz plan, double this amount of money, support these people, learn this about coding... Thats good and all but its not what is really needed.

My only goal as of right now is BREAK FREE of whatever the heck it is holding me down, no matter what it is.

I quite frankly don't give a damn what the obstacle is, just find it, beat it.

edit:
In this thread I'll just explore different concepts and thoughts, and also explain certain basics of business while I'm trying to work this out.
I'll try to be helpful, so if you get questions on something, I will probably answer.
I just wanted to keep my thoughts contained/journalled, so here it is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Do you have a plan to achieve this? Because otherwise its just a pointless proclamaton.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
On getting started:

I see a lot of people in this boat.

We WANT to have better control of our time, less STRINGS attatched to us. Parents, institutions, professions that wear us thin, places that aren't quite what we want for our lives. We want more control, a better destination, and hopefully a substantial and rewarding way to get there.

And while that road exists, no one will show you where it is, so you end up drifting and getting frustrated, going from one stupid idea to the next and creating weird thought processes that make no sense and you get shot down, and feel like you suck. Its demotivating so you take long breaks, kind of never get back to work on things, and half feel as thought you will fail. Your determination is borderline.

The secret is, finding worth in business is a process like any other, you find a little bit everyday, because you sure as hell are not going to find it in a huge chunk. You need to brush off the immature scabby little haters (ignore buttons are nice for that), set up your long term plan for learning, an ethic you can stick to, and a way to "stretch" your experiences past your comffort zones.

So if you learn a little new thing every week thats good. If you write down and better your ideas every day, thats great. And if you learn to scan over the business world and see things behind the scenes with xray vision every few months that is fantastic (and will help you make the skill feel more organic).

To not get bumped off path you have to avoid setting goals that are TOO LARGE, because they will always make you think you can't make it, and facing that is heart breaking, so dial it back to what you can handle, AND THAT IS OK. So long as you push each day/week, you will eventually take on more (that is just innevitable).

Don't get afraid of being cornered into this dweeby little world of business geek mobsters. Most of them have no idea what the heck they are doing anyways so you can safely ignore pretty much anyone you like. And in fact, ignoring people is very important to your learning process because it allows you to take on challenges in your own way whilst vaguely knowing of the challenge from others.

Once you get into setting challenges and achieving them, you'll be on path to growth, it'll just take you years to refine how you feel and cast off all the muck.
It isn't glorious, its dirty, and all who succeed will probably lie to you about it because they are "clean now" and smirking is easy, but don't be that easily fooled, its just because they get exhausted, and YOU TOO will get exhausted.
But don't act like that before its time like moping little wannabe's do. Wannabes just are hanging around the water cooler hoping for scraps, you don't ever wanna be those guys.

You want to be the person that takes on the challenge and grows, and at the start there is no BIG challenge, just a lot of silence and weirdness.

My advice is, SIT don't RUN. If you are in an unknown city, if you run around, you will end up in a bad neighborhood and get mugged or lost or something. But if you SIT, even if you do not solve your problems, you are no worse off and have the benefit of your mind working on the problem.

You might find that your mind is erratic and prone to wanting to get things done, anything done, but before any of your actions can be effective your mind has to SCRAPE out good ideas, and SOAK in them. This is to slowly condition your mind. Over time this "soaking" will open you to the "business world". But a word of warning, if you SOAK in other people's BS, you will get no where, you have to scrape up your own.

That is really just common sense, and its not all too common around these parts, so you have to stick up for yourself and stay with it.

Thats what it means to get started.
But not what it means to succeed, and you will struggle with that for a long time, but through that struggle, develop as you should.

It isn't the way you WANT to succeed, but take solace in the fact that it is ENOUGH to give you enough room to.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
On getting better:

There are two competencies you will ultimately need; social and constructive skills.

Forget what you think you know about business.
Simply begin work on your ability to construct a business and kill your darlings every day, until you start to develop something that actually works.
And simply develop your READ on business people until you start to see everything behind everything they are saying (shows about venture capital are great for this; shark tank, dragons den, but you will also need to observe in real life too)

If you can read a person, often you can deconstruct their business (if only you have the skill to construct your own). Your way of constructing businesses doesn't have to be the same as anyone elses, you could write it in heiroglyphs for about as much as it matters, but it has to be effective, and once it is, it will suffice as a way to help you read other businesses and learn from them. Which IS what will help you succeed.

Social and constructive skills can be developed everyday, you can talk about business and try to get better insight with a supportive friend, and you can use notebooks to scribble down ideas and deconstruct and reconstruct businesses.

Number one warning:

Do not fear learning ALL of business, from manufacturing, to international trade routes, to arbitrage and state laws governing specific industry standards. None of it is necessary, but it is all HELPFUL to work on ideas and keep you busy and interested. And it all stacks up in the end.

You CAN learn business, not just a Vlog, Blog, Book, Mini-business

Number two warning:

Do not get frightened by millionaires. Millions of dollars is a product of certain sufficiencies
- reasonable social awareness
- reasonable/rudimentary constructive knowledge
- positioning oneself
It is not a result of grandiosity, even though that is what people strive to express to you once they have made some money.

You have to see through all that, you have to not be envious, or jealous, or weirded out by it.
Try not to get into a spiral of "why them!" and "why not me!". Cuz they'll just yell at you anyways, cuz they are not more evolved in the process, just able to grab low hanging fruit that requires the minimum (you can do it too, but often you might have standards, these standards might be bullsh#t, but they also might be keeping you on track).

Just understand that YOUR timing is going to be different from their timing, and that often these monetary flare ups are only recorded once, because people fear telling you their ongoing financial status (which is really what you want to develop).

Ongoing financial integrity, stability and functionality is a product of the very skill you have and the efficacy of WHERE you put it to work. Do not STRIVE for efficacy FIRST, financial integrity can get you through the hard yards better than more money ever will.

Develop your backbone, its good for you long term.

Number three warning:

Don't cash out. Don't aim for you business to HIT ONCE and then QUIT it. You have to develop the fortitude to stick to your guns and ALWAYS be open and helpful to customers, workers, and company executives and such. If you shut off and act all "hermit crab", your businesses will get suffocated. You have to treat it like a garden, water it, prune it, plant new seeds, better the architecture over time. You must become FOND of your businesses, not CASH OUT.

Cashing out CAN happen, and you MIGHT want to do it, but as a one off hit and miss deal?
Be cautious of it. Develop your insight and ethic fully, because THIS gives you real power.

If you care, if you can keep a business afloat, YOU have more than money, you have REAL ESTATE upon which money grows with the right care, and that will teach you about EVERYTHING.
So don't CASH OUT as a plan.

Plans for betterment:

Each person is different but
- reduce the amount you are self assured and boasting (it distracts you from deconstructing your successes and becoming aware of your mistakes)
- don't ever pretend because its painful to lose (you start off losing, the only way to get past that is to take your losses one bite at a time, and become strong and self aware)
- expand on ideas creatively then simplify. Create a project, then better a project. Making old work obsolete is part of learning. Later on you can unearth obsolete projects and make them successes but first you have to get to successes by getting past learning processes.

Be humble, grow, create thousands of pages of ideas if you must.
This will help you learn how to construct things in the way you envision them

This process is distressing and anguish enducing, but if you are on it, don't be afraid to be big. And don't be afraid to be original or help people. Far too many people sell out in this phase because they are manically afraid. Don't be that guy/girl. Push, push, and push some more.

Don't require approval, or ease, just forge your way.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
On becoming the best:

The thing is, everyone around you already thinks of themselves as the best... Why? Because they are quite frankly idiots. They WANT to be the best, because it helps guard against pain, or disruption to their goals. Often their goals are poorly thought through, but they figure they are the best anyways because its THEIRS.

Salesmen, bosses, jerks, teachers, mentors, peers, heck even employees... They are ALL the "BEST". And any sly way that they can slip away from influence and keep you influenced they'll gloat about.

Shut their traps. And not by yelling that you are the best, or acting like all the wannabes and crabby bosses. Thats fools gold, thats idiocrasy, thats junk.

To become the very real best you just need to ignore pettiness, spite, bitter behaviours, and stay true to the principles that are successful. You will not be the best in all scenarios but you will behave as the BEST because you are the least petty, the least scummy, the least pathetically materialistic.

THIS is your advantage, and it trumps the morons playing mind games and one hand down their pants.

A real minded person, does not just state superiority, but becomes gracious and strong in themselves irregardless of their surrounding. Through this grace and strength, they will break apart the old fools, and breathe new life into things.

This is who you will be, if you stick to the path and do not get swallowed by all the petty stuff.
You will be free of the scum, the pathetic behaviours and subversion of the weakness within all of us that holds us back.

You will feel good, and you won't rub it in anyones face because, anyone can say they are the best, anyone can deny you have ability, the only thing that matters, is what you really are.

Best or not, there are behaviours that take you to the top, and there are those that don't go anywhere, and you must be mindful.

To be mindful, is what it means to be the best.

There is no other greater requisite.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
On becoming BETTER than the best:

Ironically, you have to become better than some of the best to break into the fold completely. You have to de-virginise that want to remain "just out of contention" or "just below notice".

We all bring unique value to the table, some are interested in cloistering around one thing, others are interested in exploring others, and all the variations in between. All of these are important to the perspectives and choices of our society.

Often you will try to stay under the radar because you believe that YOUR business is the be all and end all, the super special something that everyone will always want, forever. But people just are not built that way. We taste this, we taste that, we surmise an idea of preferences and we hang closer to one side while another group hangs closer to the other.

Some people will like you, some won't, but that is just the nature of things.
You can't hold out, just to avoid being seen, forever.

But you CAN wait, until you are READY.

If you are better than the best, you'll become ONE of the features, not THE feature.
You will play a part in creating a better rounded perspective
, so long as you are an honest business. And that is something to look forward to, as some products can influence people's feelings and life opportunities.

Respect the power you have, but don't be too afraid :)

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Living with it:

Now that I've discussed the road to growth, its time for some thoughts.

This is a deep and emotional journey.

Those who stray from that path
- making it overly logical
- making light of others situations
- think their journey is more complete or better than others

Are those who will wither away in the heat of the REAL struggle.
The real struggle is not fleeing from our absence of cash, but standing firm despite it.
To allow the fears and the burdens to make us a stronger person, not just a better business person.

The bitter fire of events will find you, but it is YOU who must turn these downfalls into a better place to be. You will need to find the strength to stop obsessing on the struggle and to reach out and SEE what needs to be done.

Become a REAL businessman.
Let what is REAL about it, drive you through the struggle.
BUT do not expect anyone else to understand. This is not just a game, where you need everyones approval. Develop very real focus, insight, and endurance.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Beyond living with it and becoming:

At a certain point biology takes over, you look around you and you don't see competitors anymore. You just simply know you can do what you see in your mind. The only problem perhaps is that you don't quite trust your mind, or your biology for that matter, so you prioritise learning above action, temperance above execution, and it chains you down.

Until you learn the reason WHY you stop.

My guess is, the reason why we stop is to get a MUCH better view, to act in a much more dignified manner, and to undo beliefs and dogma. To unravel that great big weight of a##holes that have come before, and take a deep breath so we do not become the same.

To break free only requires one act. Be a good man, where others will not.
Walk. Don't run.

@kph200 You get it ;) good stuff man, thanks for the shout out, its appreciated :smoking:

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I set out many months ago to learn code. These days I can code a web from html, css, js and jq. Doing anything BIG though or backend is something I still need to work on.
But so far I get how it all works well enough to say "f#ck it, I know this" and break down the illusions of nice websites into the facts. And by knowing the precise FACTS I can be sure my projects are elevated to that level as things head on.
(preliminary coding: check)

Business foundations are probably my biggest strength, from reading markets, to establishing processes, and finances to surround them.
(business core: check)

The products I've developed are at various stages of completion, but one is pretty close to ready to start shipping.
(validation and prototyping: check)

Mostly my hesitations seem to surround marketting and being time efficient with the above, I'd like to get my roll out time of a business to a few weeks/months, if I am to TRULY be stellar at this. Previously its taken me about a year and that is far too long to provide any true flexibility/mastery.
(solution for speed: more mental drills, designing more businesses)
(solution for marketting: appraising it with greater efficacy)

I guess I'm not too worried about taking it slow right now, because I know I have to set a good precident.
Marketting is OFTEN rushed by 99% of people, and imho its horrendous, so I'm trying to think of how it can work to my high standard. Obviously certain things are important
production value: no overt skimping but practical
position: trust, relevance, convenience
presence: attainability, calm, memorable, interesting
popularity: enjoyable, nice rapport, non intrusive but sells
I'll work it out... (its best to get this stuff straight for YOURSELF)
I am pretty sure I just need to observe more advertising in greater detail.

Being a good guy is something I think I have down now. I used to struggle with it while this was all too much for me to handle, but now I always can spare the time needed to implement changes in between biz actions.
(being a good biz guy: check)

So, I'm not quite sure what this feeling in my gut is.
Perhaps I know I will sell myself short if I rush? And maybe I need more time developing my maturity and confidence. I guess I'll make sure to breathe more, expect less, relax.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.