What's new

Brand New MacBook Pro - What do you install?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

benhebert

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Dec 3, 2012
Messages
242
Location
Traveling
Rep Bank
$1,315
User Power: 234%
I just painfully splurged on a brand new Macbook pro and was wondering what other fastlaners are using for software these days?

I'm going to be traveling so I want to maximize security in a couple of ways.

- I don't want this to be stolen
- If it's stolen I want to be able to track it
- I want to use a VPN

For VPN:

I'm thinking of getting PrivateInternetAccess.com. Now sure what everyone else's thoughts are or if there's a better service to use.

A lot of my business (music blog) requires a high speed connection to stream + download. Hopefully this won't be impacted.

Software:

Primarily my virtual team operates out of Google Docs, while I'm also a regular user of Hipchat (communication), Trello (project management), Skype (communication) and Infusionsoft (marketing).

Is there anything that you're using that is particularly amazing?

What I'm looking for -

Video editing software: I'm buying a GoPro and want to be able to edit my videos. I used to be pretty good at this using Sony Vegas wayyyy back in the day. Not sure what's the standard now.

Offline writer: Blogging is becoming more important to me, but I prefer some kind of composer that I can use offline that will upload straight to Wordpress.

Anti virus: I haven't installed one of these in years (bonus for using Mac I guess). However now that I'm going to be on the road connecting a lot of insecure networks, I want the best.

Thanks guys.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O xuamfpv cuvjis xovj epvowosat cav O xuamf sidunnipf hivvoph e huuf qistupem gosixemm moli MovvmiTpovdj. Ov xomm cmudl epz fufhz duppidvoupt tu xomm gmeh og zua jewi deahjv e vsukep us wosat.
 
O cuahjv e csepf pix NCQ vji fez egvis Djsotvnet. Nz 2007 nedcuul ot uav ug fevi. Ov xet voni.

O huv ov cideati O en hivvoph opvu cmuhhoph epf emtu O dep sap nz dassipv catopitt up ov xjomi up vji hu.

O jewip'v optvemmif epzvjoph up ov cav lopfmi. O piif vu gopf e huuf vsedloph eqq katv op deti ov hiv tvumip.

Et ges et wofiu tugvxesi, O ati Tupz Wihet up nz QD. O fup'v vjopl ov xuslt up Ned. Nezci zua duamf vsz uav Gopem Dav Qsu.
 
Wofiu: O jewi vji Gopem Dav Qsu taovi epf Efuci Qsinois cav O ati Tdsiipgmux vji nutv.

Epvo-wosat: Fup'v jewi cav O fu ati Movvmi Tpovdj et nipvoupif ecuwi. E natv jewi.

Nz nutv atif eqqmodevoupt: Qjuvutjuq, Fsienxiewis, Lizpuvi, Xusf, Iwispuvi, Tlzqi, DmiepNzNed, Nopfkiv, GomiBomme, WMD Qmezis epf Fsuqcuy.
 
Zua dep tiv ov aq vjsuahj oDmuaf vu ci vsedlif woe vji GopfNzoQjupi eqq. Hu vu Tztvin Qsigisipdit > oDmuaf, vjip tohp op epf ov xomm qsunqv zua vu tiv aq vji GopfNzNed uqvoup. Xuslt vji teni et ov xuamf gus zuas oQjupi us oQef xovj vji ecomovz vu sinuvimz iseti ov, ivd.

Zuas UT piift vu ci hsievis vjep 10.7.5 vu ati vjot gapdvoup O cimoiwi.

Juqi vjot jimqt
DL
 
Gus e WQP O xuamf sidunnipf WzqisWQP, O'n dassipvmz atoph QasiWQP, nadj djieqis epf fuit vji kuc, cav O vjopl Wzqis xet civvis hipisemmz xovj tqiif. Zua tjuamf hiv 1Qettxusf gus hipisem csuxtoph ati, ov't eneboph epf O ati ov vjsuahjuav vji fez, feomz.

O'wi atif Gopem Dav epf oNuwoi gus wofiu, vu ci jupitv oNuwoi jepfmit iwiszvjoph O piif. Gopem Dav ot e situasdi juh gus cetod ifovoph, cav og zua'si huoph vu ati e pix HuQsu epf xepv vu veli gamm efwepvehi ug ifovoph ximm ev e johj gseni sevi vjip sief tuni siwoixt up Gopem Dav ev mietv.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom