The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bored of (Almost) Everything

Anything related to matters of the mind

Luke23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 29, 2023
Wondering if anyone else deals with this, and if anything worked for you..

I get bored of almost everything;
- girlfriends
- hobbies
- certain friends
- classes (i'm in university)
- jobs

Sometimes I will become obsessed with something for a few weeks or months, and then I once I feel I 'accomplished it' or told myself 'alright I've already reaped all the benefits out of this, what's next?' whatever it is, will start to collect dust.

I was thinking about talking to a therapist about it but never went through with it. I've been told by people close to me that I need to find things that challenge me, or that I need to be happy with what I have.

Wanted to keep the post relatively short but I could probably go on and on, until I got bored. Any replies would be great!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
Luke, I am too bored to reply. Sorry.

Seriously… you aren’t busy and challenged enough. I haven’t been bored in … can’t remember the last time I was! I have too much to accomplish in life to be idle and bored. My dreams and aspirations sometimes scare even me.

But this is about you. Figure out your WHY. Then get after it.

Good luck.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
As Antifragile said, you need purpose.

Also, do you do any of the following?
- live with your parents
- consume every single piece of media out there
- have a deficient diet
- consume drugs, including weed
- fap like a money

Any of the above (and many more I'm probably missing on a quick post) will (or at least can contribute to) what you are describing.

Sometimes I will become obsessed with something for a few weeks or months, and then I once I feel I 'accomplished it' or told myself 'alright I've already reaped all the benefits out of this, what's next?' whatever it is, will start to collect dust.
You might want to have a look at this thread

Luke23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 29, 2023
Luke, I am too bored to reply. Sorry.

Seriously… you aren’t busy and challenged enough. I haven’t been bored in … can’t remember the last time I was! I have too much to accomplish in life to be idle and bored. My dreams and aspirations sometimes scare even me.

Good luck.
I realized recently my WHY is not clear enough. And thank you for pointing it out again.

'On paper' I dont seem bored, I study for school, read, learn italian language, talk to gf a bit, see gf on weekend, (all daily, except for seeing gf on weekend of course)

Maybe I need to add another daily habit/commitment?

Luke23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 29, 2023
As Antifragile said, you need purpose.

Also, do you do any of the following?
- live with your parents
- have a deficient diet
- fap like a money

Any of the above (and many more I'm probably missing on a quick post) will (or at least can contribute to) what you are describing.

You might want to have a look at this thread
- live with your parents
yes i just turned 21 and still in university (not an excuse just giving context)
Only media I look at occasionally is LinkedIn, I RARELY watch TV or go on social media apps/sites
- have a deficient diet
My diet is pretty good but I do need to eat more and drink more water
Haven't touched a drug in 5+ years and only one I did was weed
- fap like a monkey
I recently quit (3-4 streak right now) I've been on and off with this but Im committed now no matter what (my main goal is to never watch p**n again, if I am single in the future, we'll see what happens when it comes to fap)

I think purpose/WHY is what I should be after. Appreciate you both pointing it out.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
- live with your parents
yes i just turned 21 and still in university (not an excuse just giving context)
BTW I wasn't judging, just asking. I lived with my parents here and there over the years and I'm older than you. Last time I felt too comfy and ended up a bit depressed. Leaving the nest again was a good thing. Not saying you should do it right now though. In general getting out of your comfort zone can do wonders.

Only media I look at occasionally is LinkedIn, I RARELY watch TV or go on social media apps/sites
- have a deficient diet
My diet is pretty good but I do need to eat more and drink more water
Do you feel down occasionally, or on a daily basis?
If you try to overeat a bit, try spreading it through the day. Having a massive meal will make your energy levels drop like a stone. I need to overeat to avoid loosing weight and need to do this and avoid heavy meals, otherwise I'm useless afterwards.

Haven't touched a drug in 5+ years and only one I did was weed
- fap like a monkey
I recently quit (3-4 streak right now) I've been on and off with this but Im committed now no matter what (my main goal is to never watch p**n again, if I am single in the future, we'll see what happens when it comes to fap)

I think purpose/WHY is what I should be after. Appreciate you both pointing it out.
Not a simple question to answer. There's lots of wisdom here about finding purpose. Even for some millionaires who don't know what the F*ck is Next [TM] after they've made way more money than they need. Finding purpose and what you want from life can be way harder than it seems. Take your time.

Robdavis

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

- girlfriends
- hobbies
- certain friends
- jobs

I was thinking about talking to a therapist about it but never went through with it. I've been told by people close to me that I need to find things that challenge me, or that I need to be happy with what I have.

Wanted to keep the post relatively short but I could probably go on and on, until I got bored. Any replies would be great!
Do you know what your IQ is? People with high IQ can experience boredom more easily than most.
Do you have a severe addiction to anything? This can lead to a numbed feeling where nothing seems to matter that is similar to boredom.
If it's not those two things then I agree with Antifragile, it could be a lack of a strong why.

Luke23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 29, 2023
Do you know what your IQ is? People with high IQ can experience boredom more easily than most.
Do you have a severe addiction to anything? This can lead to a numbed feeling where nothing seems to matter that is similar to boredom.
If it's not those two things then I agree with Antifragile, it could be a lack of a strong why.
I would say I am smart but never tested IQ nor do I think its crazy high. And no addictions.

I think I definitely need to clarify what my WHY is, what my ideal life looks like, and work towards that, thank you.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Don't talk to a therapist unless its a mandatory visit so you can get an Adderall prescription or something.

Therapists are stupid. Don't let anyone into your mind. Do not talk seriously with anyone who you do not want to trade lives with.

If you get bored of your girlfriends, hobbies and jobs. Go make a million dollars and date miss slovakia and do some cool shit. I doubt you'll be bored.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
F*ck your why. Get after it first!

That’s the modern way:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyHDjI5iNFY
Finding your why is so 1970s grandpa :rofl:

You can keep searching for your why and never find it. Most people who search for their why join a sect and keep searching for a lifetime. So just get after it!

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
F*ck your why. Get after it first!

That’s the modern way:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyHDjI5iNFY
Finding your why is so 1970s grandpa :rofl:

You can keep searching for your why and never find it. Most people who search for their why join a sect and keep searching for a lifetime. So just get after it!

You didn't get the fax?

David Goggins is no longer popular on this forum. He's too intense. The new thing is to become a copywriter. :rolleyes:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You didn't get the fax?

David Goggins is no longer popular on this forum. He's too intense. The new thing is to become a copywriter. :rolleyes:
Out with goggins. In with sissy feelings and limiting beliefs. :rofl:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

- girlfriends
- hobbies
- certain friends
- jobs

Finding Interesting is not a reliable motivation to last through tough time.

I recommend you panic.

Life will be harsh to you one day if you are not at least a millionaire on paper.

Most people are not happy.

Apart from health, all unhappiness are due to mainly being too poor to have options.

Athena_

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 3, 2021
India
Wondering if anyone else deals with this and if anything worked for you.

I get bored with almost everything;
- girlfriends
- hobbies
- certain friends
- classes (I'm in university)
- jobs

Sometimes I will become obsessed with something for a few weeks or months, and then once I feel I 'accomplished it' or told myself 'alright I've already reaped all the benefits out of this, what's next?' whatever it is, will start to collect dust.

Wanted to keep the post relatively short but I could probably go on and on until I got bored. Any replies would be great!
You remind me of my younger self, I used to get bored of boyfriends, hobbies everything and I wasted my entire 20s just chilling and coasting along, just doing enough to survive med school, I turned 30 today and I wish I could go back in time and throw the fast lane book on that girl's face, bro, you are lucky to be here on this forum at that age, set higher goals and you'll have no time to be bored. Modern life is too easy and boring if you do not set a huge goal for yourself. I still feel the same for me too, but I'm trying to push myself out of my comfort zone every day, sad truth is, no one cares if you live an average life and die living no legacy behind, but is that what you would want?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.