The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books on investing?

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
New to investing. Any beginner books that will help me get base knowledge that has the basics of investing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Megalodon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jan 8, 2020
New to investing. Any beginner books that will help me get base knowledge that has the basics of investing?
Without meaning to be facetious - have you read Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted ?

Unscripted has some solid investment advice towards the back end, and both have areas and types of books to stay away from.

What kind of investment are you looking to do exactly? It’s a huge topic.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I liked this article by James Altucher:

It has some suggested readings as well.

On asset classes to begin learning about, I have found stocks to be a good start. Even though there's lots of drama in stock nowadays, there's always lots of company financial reports and analyst opinions on Seeking Alpha, depending on your strategy.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Start with investopedia free content. You can have an overall idea before you decide to pick a book on a niche area.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
You have to be little specific and give us little context so that the users of this forum can guide/point you in the right direction without costing and taxing time and energy

Invest in Real Estate?
Invest in Stock?
Invest in E-Comm?
Invest in any kind of Asset?
Invest in some program that gives you leverage ?

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
The first book I always recommend is Phil Town, Rule One.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
No but i want to know how when I do

0AgtGJu.jpg

There's no point in learning how to invest if you don't have money to invest.

Focus on acquiring knowledge relevant to your current business interests so that you can improve your current returns and benefit from reading over reading for the sake of it. Once you make enough money to invest, your perspective on investing will change anyway.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I do not see that as necessarily wrong.

I know millionaire business owner who gambled on investment and lost their shirts.

It is good to learn the ropes early and get the hands dirty. Losing 50 percent of 5k to learn the major lesson is a lot better than losing 50 percent of 200k when you have more to lose.

I suggest you start with liquid financial instruments that can be bought through a brokage account. Stocks, equity etf, bond etf...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
0AgtGJu.jpg

There's no point in learning how to invest if you don't have money to invest.

Focus on acquiring knowledge relevant to your current business interests so that you can improve your current returns and benefit from reading over reading for the sake of it. Once you make enough money to invest, your perspective on investing will change anyway.
I agree that income come before investment.

Investment return difference through research and knowledge is minimal compared to business income gain.

An investment moron who make 10k a month and put everything in fixed Deposit will outperform a star-trader who make 4k a month. That is just mathematical fact.

Megalodon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jan 8, 2020
I do not see that as necessarily wrong.

I know millionaire business owner who gambled on investment and lost their shirts.

It is good to learn the ropes early and get the hands dirty. Losing 50 percent of 5k to learn the major lesson is a lot better than losing 50 percent of 200k when you have more to lose.

Learning to invest can also be important . If you know what you’re looking at and how much it will cost that can motivate you to reach that threshold. For example if I need $50k to build a well considered portfolio or buy a house, that’s a solid number to work towards.

Given how broad the topic is, education can’t hurt while you build your business/money stream. It may even teach you things that assist with the business like balancing risks and weighing up options.

Aside from MJ’s books I’d also recommend the Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham (don’t crucify me forum, I know this is slow lane index stuff - but good for context) Forbes guide to the Markets (whatever edition is most current) for a broad understanding and How Rich People Think by Steve Siebold.

Order is up to you, google summaries or listen to podcasts on them and see what takes your fancy. I’ll always recommend Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted first though ;)

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Apr 5, 2019
VA

Dude, be honest with yourself and admit you're just action faking.

Go find a need you can fill, or learn a high leverage skill like coding instead and then you can start learning investing once you start making some real money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.