- Joined
- Nov 14, 2018
- Messages
- 180
Rep Bank
$555
$555
User Power: 81%
I started my first business about a month ago. One of my biggest problems was figuring out how to divide equity, and how much equity I should keep if I wish to become wealthy.
So I went on the Forbes Richest List and looked up the names of some of the wealthiest people on earth. I wanted to see how much equity someone like Mark Zuckerberg, or Bill Gates, owned throughout their time with their respective businesses. I was looking for information such as, how much equity did Bill Gates start with, with Microsoft, and the history of how much his stake changed over time.
But I couldn't find this information anywhere. Does anyone know how I could find this information? I think it would be very helpful because one can then reverse engineer what has worked for successful and wealthy people, in terms of equity, and follow a similar path.
So I went on the Forbes Richest List and looked up the names of some of the wealthiest people on earth. I wanted to see how much equity someone like Mark Zuckerberg, or Bill Gates, owned throughout their time with their respective businesses. I was looking for information such as, how much equity did Bill Gates start with, with Microsoft, and the history of how much his stake changed over time.
But I couldn't find this information anywhere. Does anyone know how I could find this information? I think it would be very helpful because one can then reverse engineer what has worked for successful and wealthy people, in terms of equity, and follow a similar path.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

