Ok, so I wasn't sure where to post this and I'm writing from Tapatalk.
As many of us in ecommerce land know, BigCommerce is a pretty neat platform. One of those neat features is near one click listing on EBay, once it's set up. So I thought I'd post what I learned today.
If you're freshly setting up your eBay store and just setting up your Big Commerce account, the first time you attempt to list items on eBay from your BigCommerce account, you might run into issues like I did today. I had never sold or even listed anything on my eBay store but I've sold 60 or so items through my eBay account using the auction format. Today, when I attempted listing items on eBay from BigCommerce, I got an error code in the form 240. Apparently 240 is eBay code for "something's wrong but we aren't telling you. Neener neener"
After a call to ebay and 3 calls to BigCommerce and not being any closer to results, I had an idea. I tried manually listing an item in my eBay store. And what I discovered was that eBay needed a billing credit card for their buyer protection.
Moral of the story, if you're having an issue and you're positive it's not the listing itself, try manually listing your item in your eBay store to see what the issues are.
May be common sense, but it about drove me insane this morning.
As many of us in ecommerce land know, BigCommerce is a pretty neat platform. One of those neat features is near one click listing on EBay, once it's set up. So I thought I'd post what I learned today.
If you're freshly setting up your eBay store and just setting up your Big Commerce account, the first time you attempt to list items on eBay from your BigCommerce account, you might run into issues like I did today. I had never sold or even listed anything on my eBay store but I've sold 60 or so items through my eBay account using the auction format. Today, when I attempted listing items on eBay from BigCommerce, I got an error code in the form 240. Apparently 240 is eBay code for "something's wrong but we aren't telling you. Neener neener"
After a call to ebay and 3 calls to BigCommerce and not being any closer to results, I had an idea. I tried manually listing an item in my eBay store. And what I discovered was that eBay needed a billing credit card for their buyer protection.
Moral of the story, if you're having an issue and you're positive it's not the listing itself, try manually listing your item in your eBay store to see what the issues are.
May be common sense, but it about drove me insane this morning.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
