The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BigCommerce, EBay, and the 240 error code

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Ok, so I wasn't sure where to post this and I'm writing from Tapatalk.

As many of us in ecommerce land know, BigCommerce is a pretty neat platform. One of those neat features is near one click listing on EBay, once it's set up. So I thought I'd post what I learned today.

If you're freshly setting up your eBay store and just setting up your Big Commerce account, the first time you attempt to list items on eBay from your BigCommerce account, you might run into issues like I did today. I had never sold or even listed anything on my eBay store but I've sold 60 or so items through my eBay account using the auction format. Today, when I attempted listing items on eBay from BigCommerce, I got an error code in the form 240. Apparently 240 is eBay code for "something's wrong but we aren't telling you. Neener neener"

After a call to ebay and 3 calls to BigCommerce and not being any closer to results, I had an idea. I tried manually listing an item in my eBay store. And what I discovered was that eBay needed a billing credit card for their buyer protection.

Moral of the story, if you're having an issue and you're positive it's not the listing itself, try manually listing your item in your eBay store to see what the issues are.

May be common sense, but it about drove me insane this morning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.