The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best/worse places to buy

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I thought this would be another "buy where is expensive, don't buy where is cheap" article.

The Palm Beach vs Miami kind of surprised me.
Miami not appreciating in the next decade? hard to believe for me.
Tampa or Clearwater I agree. The port in Tampa is seeing a lot of improvements so I am expecting more jobs as more big cargo ships will be using that port.
it also surprised me that she mentions Las Vegas but not Phoenix. I think the job market for both cities are similar, and both are attracting retirees looking for Sunbelt states to retire to.

I don't know anything about California, so I will leave that one alone.

Good finding. rep+

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Thanks for the rep. Personally, my money would be in Florida if I was into investing out of state. That however, is bigger than my comfort zone right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
That however, is bigger than my comfort zone right now.

I remember reading somewhere that you are probably making all the money you can in your comfort zone. The big money that is missing from your pocket is waiting outside it.

I recall the video for the interview with Donald Trump where he said that the two areas doing right in RE were Manhattan and Palm Beach FL.

Reisteve

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 6, 2007
andviv:

Vegas may be attracting retirees, but the workforce is still built on the whole hospitality industry and gaming industry.

It will be a while before I go to Phoenix to play craps...

Just a thought...

Steve

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
wow, trump thinks like me, that should be scary for him
As long as you don't go shouting "you're fired" to everybody then I think the Donald can be quite safe.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Thanks for the rep. Personally, my money would be in Florida if I was into investing out of state. That however, is bigger than my comfort zone right now.

Florida is still pretty overpriced compared to the rest of the country, and their insurance costs have risen to the point where it's really cranked up the payment for a lot of homeowners there. A lot of retirees are getting a shock when they get their rebalanced escrow account payment this year after all those hurricanes.

- Hakrjak

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
I have folks that live in Tampa.
I can honestly say that the housing market there is substantially less in price considering what the market here in California is.

Average cost of a "dream" here is roughly around $450K, and that is usaually a fixer-upper!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Florida has a lot of bargains these days.
Properties that break even at current asking prices, with just 10% down. (look this, for example, and these are properties I did not put any effort into finding, haven't even looked for motivates sellers)
Insurance cost has been going down a little bit.
Almost new construction for under $70/sq ft

It does not look that bad to me. But hey, that is just my opinion.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Personally, my money would be in Florida if I was into investing out of state. That however, is bigger than my comfort zone right now.

Is it out of your comfort zone because of size or proximity?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.