The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best platoform for Multi Vendor Marketplace?

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Hello friends,

I'm in the process of launching a Multi Vendor Marketplace. I'm currently looking on using Woocommerce with Wordpress, but as I'm doing research I see there are a handful of other platforms I could use. I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with other platforms. This is my first time working with Wordpress and woocommerce. I'm not expecting an easy venture, but I'd prefer to get the most user friendly platform.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Thank you for the list, certainly helps. Do you have any experience with any of them?

I opened ones that offered free trial and looked for features i wanted.
Basically i postponed project till i'll have cash for hiring developer. But you might find something that suits you off the bat.

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
How was your experience?
It worked for what I was using it for (clothing), you may want to look into a custom solution for your idea.

If I were in your shoes, I would hold off on the MVM software and issue the numbers manually until there was a consistent supply of buyers and sellers on the website, then find a CSR to do it, then finally create that custom solution.

Unless, of course, you have the bankroll to get thousands of users instantly.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 6, 2020
Canada
Hello friends,

I'm in the process of launching a Multi Vendor Marketplace. I'm currently looking on using Woocommerce with Wordpress, but as I'm doing research I see there are a handful of other platforms I could use. I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with other platforms. This is my first time working with Wordpress and woocommerce. I'm not expecting an easy venture, but I'd prefer to get the most user friendly platform.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I also started around looking into it some time ago and have put in many hours building it.. I am the CEO of a small software studio called Kapptive Studios. We did all the research and bought and tried the best rated ones out there and finally we did settle on a premade package. First i want to say that premade plugins are in NO MEANS perfect.. It took our team 4 weeks of gutting the code of it and making MANY changes to the core of the platform. We also did not like the performance and look of the premade theme so we also bought and tried out a few paid themes. After a while we found that the theme we did settle on was also riddled with bugs and flaws. Primarily its search functions and also the AWFUL loading times... Really at the end of the day we ended up re-writing 90% of the code. We added other custom features to the platform such as live restaurant takeout ordering (including mobile app dashboard for restaurants to manage orders). We then Built our own theme and integrated our improved version of the marketplace with our new theme. That brings us to today where we are just about to launch the updated theme.

Its been a long journey to say the least... I'd say the time our team put in was about 1.5 months of 10 hour days of development. But we did complete a marketplace platform that we think is user friendly and is duplicate-able to any region... Our pilot site has had good traction and is now being expanded to new territories.. We are glad to help you guys our or answer any questions you may have!

easssssyyyyy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 19, 2021
Hey guys, I also started around looking into it some time ago and have put in many hours building it.. I am the CEO of a small software studio called Kapptive Studios. We did all the research and bought and tried the best rated ones out there and finally we did settle on a premade package. First i want to say that premade plugins are in NO MEANS perfect.. It took our team 4 weeks of gutting the code of it and making MANY changes to the core of the platform. We also did not like the performance and look of the premade theme so we also bought and tried out a few paid themes. After a while we found that the theme we did settle on was also riddled with bugs and flaws. Primarily its search functions and also the AWFUL loading times... Really at the end of the day we ended up re-writing 90% of the code. We added other custom features to the platform such as live restaurant takeout ordering (including mobile app dashboard for restaurants to manage orders). We then Built our own theme and integrated our improved version of the marketplace with our new theme. That brings us to today where we are just about to launch the updated theme.

Its been a long journey to say the least... I'd say the time our team put in was about 1.5 months of 10 hour days of development. But we did complete a marketplace platform that we think is user friendly and is duplicate-able to any region... Our pilot site has had good traction and is now being expanded to new territories.. We are glad to help you guys our or answer any questions you may have!
What would it cost to have you build out an MVM?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.