The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best field for Domain Experience?

ncdfr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 8, 2024
Hey all, I’ve just finished Unscripted ; aside from being an invaluable read, it has revealed to me the importance of “Domain Experience” (work/jobs) when it comes to discovering problems to transform into sellable solutions. I am on summer break from my first semester of college, planning to apply to a job (as means to an end)is there a particularly advantageous field/ role (in the context of “summer” jobs) that would be best to work in and get the experience to to uncover a potentially great idea? Or, am I overthinking it and could find a problem to solve in any kind of job?
Deepest thanks, warm regards.
ncd

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hey all, I’ve just finished Unscripted ; aside from being an invaluable read, it has revealed to me the importance of “Domain Experience” (work/jobs) when it comes to discovering problems to transform into sellable solutions. I am on summer break from my first semester of college, planning to apply to a job (as means to an end)is there a particularly advantageous field/ role (in the context of “summer” jobs) that would be best to work in and get the experience to to uncover a potentially great idea? Or, am I overthinking it and could find a problem to solve in any kind of job?
ncd
check out the replies to my thread here - RANT - RANT - This Must Be Talked About More

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
ncd
Best field for domain experience is to work in the sector/industry that you want to start your future business.

It’s the best paid MBA. Save you lots of time and money from figuring things out from zero.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
ncd
Honestly, anything will do.

My tip would be to work at some home service business so you get paid to learn a sellable skill like pressure washing or window cleaning.
Alternatively get a sales job to learn the best skill out there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.