The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Belgian young man visiting the USA

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
Hi everyone,

I'm a 24 year-old youngman from Belgium and first of all let me apologize for kicking the US out of the World Cup. I promise: we'll never do it again :)

What I'm here for:
In September I'll be visiting the US with two friends of mine. We're only checking out the West Coast because your country is waayyyyy too big, and Katy Perry said "nothing comes close to the golden coast". We're planning to visit LA, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco and everything inbetween.

Now being a tourist is fun and chill, but we'd like our trip to be a little more than just pubs, museums and hotels. Therefore I was thinking it could be fun to meet up with some local people. I like people from the Fastlane forum because they think positively and get things done.

Would any of you feel like showing us around some place? Maybe we could cook dinner at your house? Or maybe you could take us to a local (rooftop pool) party? We're looking forward to finally visiting the land of the free and the home of the brave and we hope to make it a fabulous trip :)

Thanks already for your response!
Jonathan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
OK so far this call is only a minor success :)

I can't believe all of you are east-coast residents (booo east-coast!)

If really nobody wants to meet up, perhaps you do have recommended points of interest? What city, which bar or who's uncle should we really really visit?

Thanks again!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Ha Ha, yes I'm from the East Coast too, but In Europe in the Netherlands presently. We don't want to fall in the ocean! lol

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Did you see the Belgian devil fan during the World Cup that got a modeling contract with L'Oreal just for being on camera? Are all of your women like that?

Kristof

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 7, 2014
Bali
Did you see the Belgian devil fan during the World Cup that got a modeling contract with L'Oreal just for being on camera? Are all of your women like that?
I'm also from Belgium and I can assure you that if all women looked like that in Belgium I definitely wouldn't have left :).

@xhcsurge, try couchsurfing.org. Though you probably won't find that many entrepreneurs on there, people who can take you to good parties are definitely to be found on couchsurfing. I used it quite a lot myself when I was on the West Coast of the US and met some really cool people!

Zorro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 18, 2013
from where are you in belgium?

i am living on thsi huge animal farm (belgium) too

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium

Ofc I saw her :p she was all over the news here. I'm from Western Flanders, and if I'm right she's from the area as well. Unfortunately not all women are like her..

Thanks for the hint, I'll try out the classic couch surfing. Nevertheless if any of you still feel like meeting three awesome Belgian gentlemen, let me know!

Franky Neizer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 18, 2014
Accra
@xhcsurge In case you intend visiting Africa in the future (Ghana- precisely), hit me up and we can meet up. Planning some trips to Europe late 2014 or early 2015, I'll hit you up if Belgium shows up on my calender. Btw- thanks for kicking US out of the World cup, they gave Ghana a bad start... Lol... (I wasn't supporting Ghana though....hhhh)

Azif

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jul 4, 2014
Lol that belgian girl's modeling contract is over after she was posing next to a dead animal on a hunting trip.
Be careful of your digital footprint folks!

Last edited:

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
I might be in Sedona Arizona in September. It's a great place if you like the great outdoors.

Great! We're visiting Phoenix around September 2nd. Do you live there? Can I PM you? Tnx!

Garthog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 8, 2015
Wow, there are quite a few Belgians here, great! Perhaps I'll be able to meet some of you!

Just couldn't help but add to this discussion: the "World Cup Girl" had a net worth of 10 million EUR before being discovered, her father is the owner of a wealth management and insurance firm. No, not all girls are like that in Belgium, though her boyfriend's jealous reaction made me chuckle for his concept of the fast lane. :)

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
We're planning to visit LA, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco and everything inbetween.
Alas, all of the entrepreneurs were driven out of California with torches, pitchforks, and cries for all their money.

Okay, maybe a couple of entrepreneurs remain (some even here on this forum), but that area of the country isn't known for being business-friendly. This might partially explain why your post hasn't gotten more traction. Still, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.