The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Being weird is awesome. (a short novel on my life)

Premixedd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 13, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
Hello all, figured I would start off on the forums by introducing myself and telling a little about who I am as a person. Currently, I am a 25 year old nobody, who is trying to figure out how to get where I want to be in life. The reason I use the term "nobody" is because essentially I have turned myself into a ghost over the past 10 years. I was your average kid up until I graduated junior high. It was around that awkward stage of puberty when I started become more of an introvert, and being very selective of who I talked to, hung around, etc. I dropped out of public high school my freshmen year to be homeschooled. A that time my step father, who owned his own custom home carpentry business put me to work to teach me the valuable lesson of earning my keep.

It only took a year of this for me to realize that this was not what I wanted to do with my life. Long story short, I graduated high school with a 3.4 GPA, and have since worked in many fields of skilled labor and general retail sales jobs. At 25, I have held more job titles than anyone my age that I personally know. I learned to flip cars when I turned 18, and made a few decent profits for a year or so. I enjoyed making quick money and working for myself, so I starting finding other outlets to make a quick buck. By the time I turned 21, I really only had one friend, and I was earning more money annually than any of my fellow classmates who had opted the college route. By 23 I was working in the oil and gas industry, hating my life, but making 70k+ a year. I knew it was decent money, but i also knew it was not the life I wanted to live. So, I quit. I gave it all up. I sold what I had, got out of debt, and moved back in with my parents and spent months trying to find ways to make money without having a "job". In the process I started trying to network with past friends, only to find they seemed too good to talk to me, and were still living off mom and dads dime, going to college, etc etc. So thats when I deleted my instagram, Facebook, snapchat, everything. I got off my a$$, went out and started living in the now. Met a girl, getting married, and have a baby on the way.

I guess deep down I have always been a "hustler". I do what I have to when I need to, but I have ALWAYS wanted something more. I have always dreamed of being "successful". I have always wanted to be the person I envisioned myself as. A true entrepreneur. I decided last year I was done working. I made a promise to myself that I would never just take a job, or work for someone, or some company, unless my life depended on it. I have spent the majority of my adulthood being told what I should and shouldn't do by my peers. Being told I HAVE to go to college, and get a steady job, with health benefits. Being told that no one can pick their future and that you just have to deal with life and get by. I've been surrounded by "slow lane" people telling me to live the "slow lane" life, and I finally said f**k it. I hit the reset button, regrouped, and really set goals for myself to go out and do whatever the hell it is I want to do. I shut out all that was negative. I threw out all my doubts, fears, and threw caution to the wind, and I havent been this happy in years.

I recently took a personal loan of 10k from my grandparents to "buy a car", flipped a few vehicles and turned that into 13k within a couple weeks. I am now looking into finding something more sophisticated that yields a higher return on investment. I have been thinking of either starting a business, or selling an idea to a company. I have so many great ideas for inventions, and business plans, I just need to sack up and pick a lane. I'm excited to have found this forum as I have already felt right at home among likeminded people, and have enjoyed reading many inspiring posts.

Sorry for the novel! Just excited to finally maybe talk to some people who get me for once!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome. Did you read the book? If not you definitely should.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...