I have a cleaning company and have struggled to grow it while working full-time, so I'm going to quit or at least go part-time at the end of August/early September.
With a full-time focus, I believe I can build this business to $80k/month within 2 years.
I am planning to offer my employer that I go part-time, where I work 1-5pm 3 days a week for at least $X,000/month. That extra $$ would relieve a lot of pressure for me, while not taking too much time from my business. I just have to frame it as being a benefit for them, and there's a 50-50 chance they go for it.
I am also applying for an SBA loan with my wife's business. That will allow us to consolidate some debt & give us a nice cushion while I get things ramped up.
I'm also identifying areas I can cut costs, both personally and in businesses to improve net %, including what cleaning I can do myself that is cost/time effective.
I also have a guy doing some cold calling for me and hope to get at least 10 appointments to give quotes before I quit. That should lead to an additional $500 to $1,000 of monthly revenue.
Any other advice about what I should be doing, or have in place - before quiting?
Also, I have a group of successful cleaning companies I pay to be a part of with a weekly call with a coach. This group is a big part of giving me the confidence that this will work.
With a full-time focus, I believe I can build this business to $80k/month within 2 years.
I am planning to offer my employer that I go part-time, where I work 1-5pm 3 days a week for at least $X,000/month. That extra $$ would relieve a lot of pressure for me, while not taking too much time from my business. I just have to frame it as being a benefit for them, and there's a 50-50 chance they go for it.
I am also applying for an SBA loan with my wife's business. That will allow us to consolidate some debt & give us a nice cushion while I get things ramped up.
I'm also identifying areas I can cut costs, both personally and in businesses to improve net %, including what cleaning I can do myself that is cost/time effective.
I also have a guy doing some cold calling for me and hope to get at least 10 appointments to give quotes before I quit. That should lead to an additional $500 to $1,000 of monthly revenue.
Any other advice about what I should be doing, or have in place - before quiting?
Also, I have a group of successful cleaning companies I pay to be a part of with a weekly call with a coach. This group is a big part of giving me the confidence that this will work.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
