Hi all,
Quick background story of myself, I am 22 years old, an ex army avionics technician, 4 years service, a medical discharge took me out of the game. Then went on to 2 years of Team Leading at Bombardier Transportation, the company took a dip in work so I had to go elsewhere for work. I applied for a shift managers role at a small company (150 workers) which I did not get, however, they liked my enthusiasm so they created a role for me.
The guy who did get the job I worked very close with, he has 20+ years in management experience with companies like Rolls Royce and Duracell, he even co created a company with his brother for a few years.
One day I pitched an online company idea to him, It was a lot like ebay in a way but with a different twist, anyway, after a bit of research we realised the USA laws wouldn't allow it and the UK laws were also too strict. He said there was something about me that made him realise that at 47 years old he is leaving nothing to his son and decided to get his a$$ into gear. Phone calls were made and meetings at the pub were arranged with his contacts (over a period of 3 months). We're now currently 4 weeks away from starting our first £500k contract in the aerospace logistics game. After a 3 month probation we'll be offered 2 more contracts which could equate to millions.
So whats my problem?
Well I haven't really done much grinding (yet). The idea was his, the contacts his, the meetings all him. Despite me supposedly going to have 50% of the company, I haven't done anything but wait. I understand the hard work is still yet to come for me, but is this too good to be true? I feel like I haven't earned this opportunity. Obviously I'm going to grab it by the balls, but is this normal? I honestly thought that I would have more of a grind to get an opportunity like this.. maybe it's just me.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Quick background story of myself, I am 22 years old, an ex army avionics technician, 4 years service, a medical discharge took me out of the game. Then went on to 2 years of Team Leading at Bombardier Transportation, the company took a dip in work so I had to go elsewhere for work. I applied for a shift managers role at a small company (150 workers) which I did not get, however, they liked my enthusiasm so they created a role for me.
The guy who did get the job I worked very close with, he has 20+ years in management experience with companies like Rolls Royce and Duracell, he even co created a company with his brother for a few years.
One day I pitched an online company idea to him, It was a lot like ebay in a way but with a different twist, anyway, after a bit of research we realised the USA laws wouldn't allow it and the UK laws were also too strict. He said there was something about me that made him realise that at 47 years old he is leaving nothing to his son and decided to get his a$$ into gear. Phone calls were made and meetings at the pub were arranged with his contacts (over a period of 3 months). We're now currently 4 weeks away from starting our first £500k contract in the aerospace logistics game. After a 3 month probation we'll be offered 2 more contracts which could equate to millions.
So whats my problem?
Well I haven't really done much grinding (yet). The idea was his, the contacts his, the meetings all him. Despite me supposedly going to have 50% of the company, I haven't done anything but wait. I understand the hard work is still yet to come for me, but is this too good to be true? I feel like I haven't earned this opportunity. Obviously I'm going to grab it by the balls, but is this normal? I honestly thought that I would have more of a grind to get an opportunity like this.. maybe it's just me.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
