The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming an (anti)guru

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I'm currently working on a catering business, but it's not going so well. To be honest, I followed the money. I thought the business was going to explode because there were no competitors in my region. But there was probably a good reason why.

Anyway, I'm not giving up yet. I'm gonna try another way and if that does not work, I guess I'm "at the wrong "table". In any case, I learned very much from this small experience. Had other ideas about programming, but even it does interest me, I feel I'm not the type of person who wants to be successful behind my laptop.

As some of you know I'm active in Toastmasters (see other topic) and it seems I'm a talented speaker. Not only the skills itself, but people also compliment the content (even it's not always very TM-appropriate). I started my own blog now (in dutch), not to make money, but because I like writing.

Now I see I have some talents which other people don't have. I'm having a head start and consider to continue with this. The speeches I give are mostly provocative and down to earth motivational. I see very much young people in my country reaching for the mainstream gurus. I think it's necessary to make them aware of the "risks" of blindly following such guru-advice (what I did several years ago).

I just don't want to sell "the shiny happy stuff" what gurus probably make rich. I want to help people, motivate them towards growth. I made huge progress myself in just 5 years. Could this be my story? Well, maybe. The only thing that concerns me is:

Do people even want to be helped?

So many of them just keep ignoring all advice.
So many of them just keep on choosing the easiest way.
So many of them stay the same losers their whole life.

Wouldn't it be wiser to let all the personal sufficient stuff go and preach the usual guru-crap in other words?

Becoming the antiguru or the guru?

Had the most crazy dream last night, where I met MJ in a bar and he told me my idea was not fastlane.

But he was drunk anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Becoming the antiguru or the guru?
Instead of becoming the anti-guru or guru become the kind of leader the world wants to see. If you're familiar with what the regular Guru's are selling, than you know what advice doesn't work. Some stuff is basic information that is necessary. Other stuff is B.S. and what type of leader are you? What Niche? What's not working? Where are the holes? How can you improve it?

I don't worry about being the anti-guru or guru. I just have studied everything the last five years across the board. I see where people get filled with chaos and confusion because we change the labels, niche, and mix up stuff. Same information fed in different ways to fit a certain population. Add some music, change it and add some fictional stuff.

People want the real answers, what works, and throw out the rest of the trash. It's not like you're going to absolutely come up with brand new information out of the blue all the time. Human Nature is Human Nature. And personally it's part of the process recognizing who is the real deal, and who is the scam. If they're really looking for the answers, or just listening to whoever is the latest trend.

Some of those gurus aren't aimed at teaching you success in business and finances. And it depends on where the person is in their development and growth. You're experience will never work for someone else, because their is to many multiple variables. Niches are aimed at different types of leaders. There are leaders all over the place in different fields.

Family dynamics
Friends
Emotional/Mental Support
Geographical location
Finances
Mindset
Social Class

What resources are available? Such is an in Law of attraction they leave out this law of availability and I thin M.J. calls it the law of supply and demand. If you're on the bottom of the food chain, you're not going to make a million as fast as someone who is rich already has the resources to make more money. It will take a longer process, to manifest. So yes, these guru's don't point out that vision boards are pretty pictures. Their not teaching you to visualize and see yourself taking action.

Stuff doesn't work, because they're leaving out information, or not digging themselves deep enough to where it originates or how it really works.

It's your job to do that work and innovate and give the information that does work. And really curious to know why Dan Pena states NLP is crap. lol So this is the things you need to dig for, questions like that? When you hear someone with that much money telling you it's crap, than there is a reason they're saying it. Find out why?

I can't tell you how many times I just listen for keys like this. The trend is one thing, but what actually is the right answer? I've been told lots of crap, kept asking questions, and keep digging deeper. It's process to become that leader, and if you wait for someone to tell you, you'll never find the answer. Most people don't search for it. They just believe what they hear.

Fortunately, to get here, they have to go somewhere to learn personal development. It can't be skipped and part of the process. What kind of results your customers produce tells you what kind of leader you are. If they're not succeeding than I would say you're a guru selling something that doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.