The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Beating myself up

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Am I a dumbass or are others struggling with this. I KNOW deep in my core I am the root of all my problems. I control my life and who is I’m it and the directions I take and where I want to be and how I look at my challenges. However I digress from time to time where I blame others for my emotions, feel hopeless, and feel like there is too much stuff to do and focusing on the bad. But I have glimpses where I feel in TOTAL control. Like feeling like a God almost because I have total access to my faculties and faith in what I’m doing and control in my emotions. But I’d be lying if this happens all the time. Should you feel like this all the time? I beat myself up when I don’t. Is this a lifetime journey of trying to feel like this all the time? Do people feel like this 100% of the time? Is this what separates the successful from the SUPER successful? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone else feel like this? Please add in your thoughts I am curious

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
I'd say, if you feel focused and motivated 20% of the time, that is great. Then just cultivate a skill: whenever you slip into misery, notice it and bring yourself back. Progress, not perfection. What separates the successful from the SUPER successful is not feeling great all the time; it is doing what you have to do whether you feel like it or not.

Say, you are making sales calls. Feeling great? Make a call. Feeling unemotional? Make a call. Feeling depressed? Make a call. Feeling like you are not super successful and will never be? Make a call. Blaming others for your emotions? Make a call...

It's really irrelevant, how you feel. From an entrepreneurial perspective, the less time you spend thinking about your feelings, the more calls you can make. If you have a structured meditation session or therapy session where you do deep work on your beliefs and feelings, great. Then let go of it... and make that call.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Am I a dumbass or are others struggling with this. I KNOW deep in my core I am the root of all my problems. I control my life and who is I’m it and the directions I take and where I want to be and how I look at my challenges. However I digress from time to time where I blame others for my emotions, feel hopeless, and feel like there is too much stuff to do and focusing on the bad. But I have glimpses where I feel in TOTAL control. Like feeling like a God almost because I have total access to my faculties and faith in what I’m doing and control in my emotions. But I’d be lying if this happens all the time. Should you feel like this all the time? I beat myself up when I don’t. Is this a lifetime journey of trying to feel like this all the time? Do people feel like this 100% of the time? Is this what separates the successful from the SUPER successful? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone else feel like this? Please add in your thoughts I am curious
I think you need to stop beating yourself up. Most likely you're quite harsh, strict, and give yourself a lot of negative criticism. Internal dialogue needs to be changed. Maybe your overwhelmed. Perhaps focus on one thing at a time, versus looking at things from the perspective of a Mountain of tasks to accomplish.
You can only tackle a few things at a time.

D

DeletedUser0287

Years ago, yeah. I beat myself all up all the time. But it is all pointless and wastes time.

Instead of beating yourself up, make up for it. By working hard on your venture.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I keep falling into lower paradigms that don’t help. Such as how the F*ck am I supposed to pay my rent this month. This puts me into a scarcity mindset where my faculties actually DECREASE. However there are times in my days where all I see is upside in my goals and I know that if I just take action I’ll be okay. God damn it it’s so frustrating. It’s like a bird learning to fly then his wings just stop flapping then start flying again. Is this part of growing up or am I crazy.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
I keep falling into lower paradigms that don’t help. Such as how the F*ck am I supposed to pay my rent this month. This puts me into a scarcity mindset where my faculties actually DECREASE. However there are times in my days where all I see is upside in my goals and I know that if I just take action I’ll be okay. God damn it it’s so frustrating. It’s like a bird learning to fly then his wings just stop flapping then start flying again. Is this part of growing up or am I crazy.

Are you trying to pay the rent from a business that can't yet pay the rent? If so get a job and work on the business on the side.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
The market doesn’t care how you feel. Not in a “suck it up” way. But in a “you don’t need to be ‘happy and focused’ all the time to be successful in your endeavor” way.

Do you have a goal? It’s either yes or no.

Are you moving towards it?

What are the sticking points in your plan to achieve your goal(s)?

Stop “trying” to achieve a certain mental state and don’t judge yourself. The only thing that should take up your focus is what you have control over. The rest is water under the bridge. If you feel that your mental state is not under complete control then don’t worry about it and make something else your focus, like your morning routine or to-do list.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.