- Joined
- Aug 17, 2013
- Messages
- 675
Rep Bank
$1,480
$1,480
User Power: 134%
I find myself having a problem with spending money that I should of re-invested to my businesses. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
Anyways, I'm putting myself on a strict budget for the next 3 months to see how much I can actually save.
This budget consists of removing my "safety blanket" cards out of my wallet.
How I'm going to be saving money:
How I'm going to increase revenue:
To keep myself from going mad, I will include a $50 weekend tab for hanging out with friends. If I don't, it will also be re-invested. Though $50 goes fast on $7 drinks w/ 20% tip. Learning self-control I suppose.
This is just a short list of stuff that has already been put into effect.
What are some of your budgeting tips and tricks?
P.S. Budgeting to me is taking cash from somewhere(eating out) and putting them elsewhere so my money is more productive. At one point I was at a $1500 surplus from hustlin' and should of re-invested them instead of blowing it.
For lack of a better phrase, lost self-control.
What good am I to my business if I can't save the profits?
Anyways, I'm putting myself on a strict budget for the next 3 months to see how much I can actually save.
This budget consists of removing my "safety blanket" cards out of my wallet.
How I'm going to be saving money:
- Stop eating out - I eat out 2-3 times a day. Not only is this unhealthy for my wallet, it is unhealthy for my body. I can physically feel the negative effects. I basically eating profits.
- Pay cash- I can't spend more than I have on me. I can't overdraft a $20.
- Cooking at home - Cheaper to make meals at home. $25 can get me 5-8 meals. And make me feel better too. All the girls at work love my cookin'.
- Write down all my purchases - even cash purchases. I need to see the cashflow so I can smack myself for dumb purchases before I buy them.
How I'm going to increase revenue:
- Hustling - Or picking as I learned to call it as I first started, 4 months ago. Re-invest all profits instead of eating them.
- Might have to pick up a second job till shit gets paid off. I absolutely despise this thought, gotta do what I gotta do.
To keep myself from going mad, I will include a $50 weekend tab for hanging out with friends. If I don't, it will also be re-invested. Though $50 goes fast on $7 drinks w/ 20% tip. Learning self-control I suppose.
This is just a short list of stuff that has already been put into effect.
What are some of your budgeting tips and tricks?
P.S. Budgeting to me is taking cash from somewhere(eating out) and putting them elsewhere so my money is more productive. At one point I was at a $1500 surplus from hustlin' and should of re-invested them instead of blowing it.
For lack of a better phrase, lost self-control.
What good am I to my business if I can't save the profits?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
