The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AWS vs GCP vs Bluehost for wordpress

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
D

Deleted70138

I'm going to lunch a new wordpress website and thinking about hosting it on AWS or GCP, instead of bluehost, as they seem to have much better performance. My current website on bluehost loads at least twice slower than the replica on GCP.
Which hosting will be better price vice? considering that the website won't be complicated and will have 100 daily users a day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I'm going to lunch a new wordpress website and thinking about hosting it on AWS or GCP, instead of bluehost, as they seem to have much better performance. My current website on bluehost loads at least twice slower than the replica on GCP.
Which hosting will be better price vice? considering that the website won't be complicated and will have 100 daily users a day.
Check out godaddy.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
How did this go ?

Bluehost currently is working terrible for me. I Can't just purchase a domain, assign it and install wordpress, but have to contact support every single time to get it done because "errors".

And I'm bulding multiple simple websites so the waste of time it's a pain.

Is Godaddy good ?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
WordPress is pretty slow out of the box without a decent server & caching setup. Lots of little stuff to optimize. If you go with an IaaS like AWS/GCP, you have even more stuff to configure compared to a "normal" hoster. So both are bad options.

I would recommend a managed wordpress hosting provider, as they come with a lot of these configurations/optimizations built-in.

I used Pagely in the past, but they are at the higher end starting at $499/month (Pricing and Plans).

For smaller projects I'd go with WPEngine, which starts at $30/month (Managed WordPress Hosting plans from WP Engine®).

These two both use AWS under the hood, but you don't have to deal with it yourself.

D

Deleted70138

I used Pagely in the past, but they are at the higher end starting at $499/month (Pricing and Plans).

For smaller projects I'd go with WPEngine, which starts at $30/month
Do they have any speed comparison based on hosting platform?
E.g. same website hosted on Bluehost, AWS, GCP, Pagely and WPEngine.

$500 per month seems rather expensive. Might as well pay that money to somebody to configure your wordpress on AWS. Why this would not be a good idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
Using AWS or GCP for WordPress sounds insane to me. There are WP hosts like WPEngine and there are a million VPS providers where you can get a more powerful machine at a lower cost than a managed solution like GoDaddy.

Just hire a WordPress guy to install and setup on a VPS.

Stay away from cloud providers unless you really need cloud and you know what you're doing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.