The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB SCHOOL AWS vs GCP vs Bluehost for wordpress

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Zaratustra

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2019
I'm going to lunch a new wordpress website and thinking about hosting it on AWS or GCP, instead of bluehost, as they seem to have much better performance. My current website on bluehost loads at least twice slower than the replica on GCP.
Which hosting will be better price vice? considering that the website won't be complicated and will have 100 daily users a day.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 2, 2021
India
I'm going to lunch a new wordpress website and thinking about hosting it on AWS or GCP, instead of bluehost, as they seem to have much better performance. My current website on bluehost loads at least twice slower than the replica on GCP.
Which hosting will be better price vice? considering that the website won't be complicated and will have 100 daily users a day.
Check out godaddy.

Matt Sun

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
How did this go ?

Bluehost currently is working terrible for me. I Can't just purchase a domain, assign it and install wordpress, but have to contact support every single time to get it done because "errors".

And I'm bulding multiple simple websites so the waste of time it's a pain.

Is Godaddy good ?

theag

Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 19, 2012
WordPress is pretty slow out of the box without a decent server & caching setup. Lots of little stuff to optimize. If you go with an IaaS like AWS/GCP, you have even more stuff to configure compared to a "normal" hoster. So both are bad options.

I would recommend a managed wordpress hosting provider, as they come with a lot of these configurations/optimizations built-in.

I used Pagely in the past, but they are at the higher end starting at $499/month (Pricing and Plans).

For smaller projects I'd go with WPEngine, which starts at $30/month (Managed WordPress Hosting plans from WP Engine®).

These two both use AWS under the hood, but you don't have to deal with it yourself.

Zaratustra

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2019
I used Pagely in the past, but they are at the higher end starting at $499/month (Pricing and Plans).

For smaller projects I'd go with WPEngine, which starts at $30/month
Do they have any speed comparison based on hosting platform?
E.g. same website hosted on Bluehost, AWS, GCP, Pagely and WPEngine.

$500 per month seems rather expensive. Might as well pay that money to somebody to configure your wordpress on AWS. Why this would not be a good idea?

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
Using AWS or GCP for WordPress sounds insane to me. There are WP hosts like WPEngine and there are a million VPS providers where you can get a more powerful machine at a lower cost than a managed solution like GoDaddy.

Just hire a WordPress guy to install and setup on a VPS.

Stay away from cloud providers unless you really need cloud and you know what you're doing.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom