The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Avengers: Infinity War Discussion

Litza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2018
Valencia, Spain
Well thank you. I thought I was the only one.

These movies are indeed so shallow. They remind me of the transformer movies (big robots, if you have been lucky enough to avoid them and don't know what they are). They just go on and on and on - bashing one another back and forth. [Yawn]

And the fast and furious movies are the same way. A car chase scene that never ends. It's not like we haven't all heard engines rev up, tires squeel, and people scream too many times already. A little imagination could go a long ways in these idiotic movies. I'm starting to detest even SEEING Van Diesel.

You know who gets it? Watch the John Wick movies. They pull you in instead of pushing you away. That's what damn good movie making is all about!

Thanks for your honest look at things. I think you just "outgrow" this stuff in time. I need a plot in a movie that makes me think. Even Austin Powers made fun of the oh so predictable James Bond movies that were getting to be just one big special effects fest. It gets tiring.

Glad to hear I´m not alone!

I totally agree with you: give me something that makes me think or feel something. Otherwise it´s time I could have wasted with something more interesting.

Even if those characters had their own stories or were developed in the past, what´s the point in putting them together just for the sake of doing so? I really don´t get it. With so many beautiful, interesting or well elaborated stories out there that lack funding...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Come on man - @luniac is right on the money...

They threw this together as a cash cow. I wouldn't even say it had a plot. It was more like tag team wrestling. One hero after another - after another - and so on.

I'm done with Marvel. But I still collect their comic books from the golden and bronze age of comics. If this is the best the "new generation" of directors and/or writers can do - find your own super heroes. Don't ruin mine.

Stan Lee used to be a hero of mine - now I see he's turned corporate profiteer. So sad. I don't know if he's just sold out to the crank em out method of movie making, or if he just wants to dumb em down to grab the preteen audience that can stomach the video game format of constant bashing. Maybe both.

The good old days of Vulture and Rhino and Doctor Octopus - those were so much more basic stories - and so much better. Anybody remember those villains? Classic man - it's classic. It's not a commodity to exploit. Just like the 39 Ford Rods - in a class all by themselves. If you can't improve on them, leave them be. Get a Toyota and put a scoop on the hood - and show the world how little you know about what a car is... LOL. This generation...

The original Spiderman 2 with doctor octopus is still in my memory as one of greatest superhero movies ever, that shit was movie magic.

with spiderman losing his powers because of a mental block, with him getting them back right in time during conversation with jane.
the whole thing with him "defeating" doc ock through words, convincing him verbally. just epic movie.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
The original Spiderman 2 with doctor octopus is still in my memory as one of greatest superhero movies ever, that sh*t was movie magic.

with spiderman losing his powers because of a mental block, with him getting them back right in time during conversation with jane.
the whole thing with him "defeating" doc ock through words, convincing him verbally. just epic movie.

WOW - you are sooooo right.

That movie didn't have the 25 million dollar special effects - but the effects were believable and scary. The two things you need in a story. Not iron man flying faster than a missile - or spider man lifting a train. Come on - let's keep it somewhat believable so my brain doesn't puke! I can take stretching things - but my brain eventually says, "can we go now - this is stupid shit" when it gets way out of hand.

What's the stupidest out of hand crap? It's a close race... but...

Transformers. You couldn't pay me to see another one of those flicks. They are mental torture. How much loud blasting noise and bashing can my brain tolerate? Video game on steroids - just what I want to pay to see - you betcha.

I have a PS4 Pro - just thinking of the mindless video games makes me want to go punch it! I got it for the VR - not the car chase excitement that can go on endlessly for days...

I'm so glad you appreciate Doc Ock for being the well though out quality movie that it truly is. Wonder woman was fantastic in its own right too.

Stan Lee needs me. He has wandered so far off the beaten path he doesn't even know he's lost!

Next Marvel movie out - I wait for it on Redbox or Netflix - and take my wife out to dinner! I'll find out how the heroes return the next day on the internet. That's all I need to know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
WOW - you are sooooo right.

That movie didn't have the 25 million dollar special effects - but the effects were believable and scary. The two things you need in a story. Not iron man flying faster than a missile - or spider man lifting a train. Come on - let's keep it somewhat believable so my brain doesn't puke! I can take stretching things - but my brain eventually says, "can we go now - this is stupid sh*t" when it gets way out of hand.

What's the stupidest out of hand crap? It's a close race... but...

Transformers. You couldn't pay me to see another one of those flicks. They are mental torture. How much loud blasting noise and bashing can my brain tolerate? Video game on steroids - just what I want to pay to see - you betcha.

I have a PS4 Pro - just thinking of the mindless video games makes me want to go punch it! I got it for the VR - not the car chase excitement that can go on endlessly for days...

I'm so glad you appreciate Doc Ock for being the well though out quality movie that it truly is. Wonder woman was fantastic in its own right too.

Stan Lee needs me. He has wandered so far off the beaten path he doesn't even know he's lost!

Next Marvel movie out - I wait for it on Redbox or Netflix - and take my wife out to dinner! I'll find out how the heroes return the next day on the internet. That's all I need to know.

speaking of not lifting trains:
Legendary scene from spiderman 2, spiderman practically kills himself just to stop a train, and when the people pull him back in thats movie magic right there.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VL5Qgrz8tg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOJr4EyUH8

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Best frikking movie about artificial shit ever.

I actually connected with Thanos. He knew things, he forecasted and figured out truths that he couldn’t un-know. Much like fastlane.

Highly controversial dialogue alert-

I connected hard with that movie in regard to our own planet and existence, of which I ponder almost constantly, to my own self inflicted suffrage. I saw a lot of similarities, and know that one day, we may be in the same situation here on Earth that some of the overpopulated planets in the movie were. This ball will not sustain us as we live and breed today, and even without us on it, there is no denying that our star, and thus our solar system with it, is approaching its middle age.

There’s still a long time for us to find an escape from that eventual series of events, but in the short term, we’ll have to deal with overpopulation and resources, as in the movie, if we hope to live and watch our star burn out.

I doubt that mass random genocide would ever take place, but one has to imagine - what would occur, should humanity realize imminent sustainability failure? In a period of desperation, would our species radically and violently lash out against itself in some form to avoid complete perish? Would our society accept and appoint such a practice, should our resources run dry? Will we learn to manage, perhaps even create more from external resources and remain in bounty as we metastasize into the surrounding universe? Or will we just accept that our hourglass is out of sand, and fade into the night on gradual decline as the planet becomes uninhabitable for its occupants, as it has in past extinctions.

I think Stan Lee was getting at something. I think for once, the movie wasn’t about a story. I think it was actually about us.

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Best frikking movie about artificial sh*t ever.

I actually connected with Thanos. He knew things, he forecasted and figured out truths that he couldn’t un-know. Much like fastlane.

I connected hard with that movie in regard to our own planet and existence, of which I ponder almost constantly, to my own self inflicted suffrage. I saw a lot of similarities, and know that one day, we may be in the same situation here on Earth that some of the overpopulated planets in the movie were. This ball will not sustain us as we live and breed today, and even without us on it, there is no denying that our star, and thus our solar system with it, is approaching its middle age.

There’s still a long time for us to find an escape from that eventual series of events, but in the short term, we’ll have to deal with overpopulation and resources, as in the movie, if we hope to live and watch our star burn out.

I doubt that mass random genocide would ever take place, but one has to imagine - what would occur, should humanity realize imminent sustainability failure? In a period of desperation, would our species radically and violently lash out against itself in some form to avoid complete perish? Would our society accept and appoint such a practice, should our resources run dry? Or will we just accept that our hourglass is out of sand, and fade into the night on gradual decline as the planet becomes uninhabitable for its occupants, as it has in past extinctions.

I think Stan Lee was getting at something. I think for once, the movie wasn’t about a story. I think it was actually about us.

entrepreneurs will figure this out.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
I’m kind of over everyone complaining that Infinity War didn’t have character development.

There has been 10 years and 18 movies worth of character development. The point of this movie was to bring it all to a climax, not to develop characters.

So true . Hell , I popped into the theater for the 2nd time this week to watch Infinity War . I cant explain whats it about this movie that makes it so "AWESOME".

Mad Titan!

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Best frikking movie about artificial sh*t ever.

I doubt that mass random genocide would ever take place, but one has to imagine - what would occur, should humanity realize imminent sustainability failure? In a period of desperation, would our species radically and violently lash out against itself in some form to avoid complete perish? Would our society accept and appoint such a practice, should our resources run dry? Or will we just accept that our hourglass is out of sand, and fade into the night on gradual decline as the planet becomes uninhabitable for its occupants, as it has in past extinctions.

Wow, I didn't want to say it for that fear that i may sound like a "Weirdo" , Even i share the same thought about Thanos. Well said Sir!

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
If you really are picking up what Thanos was putting down, you should probably find a suicide doctor. There lies the problem, everyone always wants someone else to suffer for their better life.
Wow, I didn't want to say it for that fear that i may sound like a "Weirdo" , Even i share the same thought about Thanos. Well said Sir!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
seriously anyone who agrees with thanos can start with themselves lol
With the infinity gauntlet in his possession Thanos had 2 options:
1) Remove half of life in the universe
2) Double the abundance in the universe

Shows what kind of being Thanos truly is, a sidewalker.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
World population @ 1950 - 2.5 Bil.
68 yrs later .............
World population @ Currently - Above 7 Bil.
Projected Population Should be above 10 Bil by 2050.

Depletion of Earth’s natural resources will be a concern in Future . Not for us, as we all will live thru it. I'm sure we will find a way out. But if not, Chaos ensues. Question is when !!

That's my 2 Cents. Not going to discuss this further .

@luniac And i dont think you can compare Thanos as an Sidewalker . Just an fictional character cant place him anywhere , so i cant debate this. Cuz im not sure if the gauntlet could double resources,if so he could also build parallel universes. He had just one choice or let its continue as it is. But If it can, Then that's why they call him "THE MAD TITAN".

@I AM THE SENATE - Thank you for the advice and "Marvelous" point of view.

Anyways - Cant wait for Deadpool now!

images

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Miss Marvel/Cap Marvel is coming!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
World population @ 1950 - 2.5 Bil.
68 yrs later .............
World population @ Currently - Above 7 Bil.
Projected Population Should be above 10 Bil by 2050.

Depletion of Earth’s natural resources will be a concern in Future . Not for us, as we all will live thru it. I'm sure we will find a way out. But if not, Chaos ensues. Question is when !!

That's my 2 Cents. Not going to discuss this further .

@luniac And i dont think you can compare Thanos as an Sidewalker . Just an fictional character cant place him anywhere , so i cant debate this. Cuz im not sure if the gauntlet could double resources,if so he could also build parallel universes. He had just one choice or let its continue as it is. But If it can, Then that's why they call him "THE MAD TITAN".

@I AM THE SENATE - Thank you for the advice and "Marvelous" point of view.

Anyways - Cant wait for Deadpool now!

images

yea Thanos is not a sidewalker, he's more like Bill Gates and his overpopulation reducing "vaccines" LOL

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
wow, ur so dam funny n smart!!!!! lol.. "DF"!

categorizing a fictional character... i wonder where u place, hulk,thor,loki... black widow!

peace !!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The thing I don't like about the Marvel comics are all the planet/galaxy/universal/multiversal/omnipotent/omnipresent/omniversal level beings. It starts becoming messy and lame: Celestials, Beyonder, Living Tribunal, Death, Eternity, Phoenix Force, Goblin Force.

The most attractive storylines (at least for me), were when it was simpler. Peter Parker got bitten by a spider, became spiderman, fought against enemies like Doc. Oct, Lizardman, Venom etc....

Or X-Men, at the very beginning....without going into all the Phoenix Force Cyclops and all that shat....
(yes, I get that it helps to sell more comics and merchandise like action figures)

And then, there's all these alternate and/or parallel universes such as The Other, Uncanny/Ultimate X-Men....

And that whole Ms. Marvel/Moonstone/Warbird/Captain Marvel/Kamala Khan Marvel mess......
(off-topic rant: I don't like how they're using Brie Larson as the actress for Cap. Marvel. Doesn't even do justice to the character. Brie is more suitable for a character in a rom-com movie IMO, such as a sweet stay-home mom or some school teacher).

Last edited:

BucketHolly

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 27, 2017
Philippines
Hands down the best Marvel movie to date in my opinion. Mostly if not entirely because of Thanos. I think he's unquestionably the best villain that they've ever had. You could even argue that he's not really even a villain.The action for the most part is done well.Bigger Dinklage was a huge surprise .

God damn!!! Thanos is awesome!

latest
I just love Thanos. :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!