The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Automated options trading system

Anything related to investing, including crypto

fxwizard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I have started testing a new idea of an automated options trading system. The code has been written to enter the trades. I've tried to keep it simple by using single option trades and vertical spreads, but nothing more complicated than that. I have some other ideas that I want to add for management of positions, and exiting trades, which is currently being done manually.

With automated trades there is always the risk that the system could enter some trade that no human would do in their right mind, so the system basically queues the trades, and then I check them and enter manually. Began testing from the beginning of this month, and so far it's up $1700 on a $11,600 investment. This is only testing at this stage. I know there are high risks in trading options, so basically I am looking to use other people's money rather than my own, and also it will be much more of a fastlane idea if it is a business using the funds from other investors.

I've done some research, and it looks like this would be classified as a managed investment scheme, at least here in Australia. The trades are made in the US though. To get this off the ground would require a lot of compliance and regulatory things such a license. I have RG146 compliance for Australia, but no AFSL. This is an area that I have limited knowledge in, but would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience with getting other people to invest in their trading system, and meeting regulatory requirements.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gaspar

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 18, 2014
I have started testing a new idea of an automated options trading system. The code has been written to enter the trades. I've tried to keep it simple by using single option trades and vertical spreads, but nothing more complicated than that. I have some other ideas that I want to add for management of positions, and exiting trades, which is currently being done manually.

With automated trades there is always the risk that the system could enter some trade that no human would do in their right mind, so the system basically queues the trades, and then I check them and enter manually. Began testing from the beginning of this month, and so far it's up $1700 on a $11,600 investment. This is only testing at this stage. I know there are high risks in trading options, so basically I am looking to use other people's money rather than my own, and also it will be much more of a fastlane idea if it is a business using the funds from other investors.

I've done some research, and it looks like this would be classified as a managed investment scheme, at least here in Australia. The trades are made in the US though. To get this off the ground would require a lot of compliance and regulatory things such a license. I have RG146 compliance for Australia, but no AFSL. This is an area that I have limited knowledge in, but would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience with getting other people to invest in their trading system, and meeting regulatory requirements.

I'd like to have a real time test of your algo against my managed strategy. Would you be interested in doing "Paper Money Trades" for 30 days to see the results?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.