The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Asking for opinions for my website idea

Idea threads

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
I'm the type of person who loves following threads and chats while watching sports. It's a shit load of fun and always brings me great fun. Then this idea popped in my head.

My idea is a website dedicated to enjoying live sports events with people on the internet. Think of it as a virtual watch party. You would go to the website, choose the game you are watching, and randomly start webcamming with someone else who is watching the game. Or let people create and admin their own watch parties so sh*t doesn't get too wild.

I know there's a difference between creating something you would like versus something the markets would like, I was just hoping to get some opinions before I get a prototype going.

Thanks for reading and any input is much appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Sounds like something that 99% of sports watchers wouldnt want, maybe your just the 1%.

FoxFire21

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 11, 2013
Kentucky
I don't think its anything new. I think Twitter already satisfies that need for most, and sports forums and a lot of the major sports sites already have live threads or discussion boards with every game. In what way would you set yourself apart? Because I don't think setting up your own private "room" is too appealing. I want tons of people to see my thoughts, not just ten.

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
1 percent of sports watchers... wouldn't that be a good thing?

The virtual parties don't have to be private. They could be open and random people could join as they please as well. Whoever creates the watch party controls whether it's public or private. What would draw the people towards the site is that it would allow them to quickly enjoy games with many people via webcam.

Again thanks for your opinions guys! You make valid points and I'll have to take them into consideration.

Last edited:

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I like the idea at first glance.

I'm just not sure if there is a market for it or not. What would make people want to go to your site versus just going on facebook, twitter, or a sports site with live interaction? Not to mention, a lot of "true sports fans" like to shut everything else out and just enjoy the game in their living room on the big screen the old fashion way. Be it with family, friends or what have you.

Although, the majority of the younger generation (even some of the older) are doing EVERYTHING online now days... So your guess is as good as mine. I think you should dig a little deeper and see if you can see a potential market for this and find out how you can set your self a part from just the plain jane social media site.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Interesting idea. I agree with Lathan. Dig. Dig deep and see what's out there...what's doing well, what's doing shitty. Find something like what you're thinking of.

I'm not a sports fan so I don't know the market very well...although I do know a LOT of crazy sports fans.

youngtrep

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2013
Northeast USA
I would ditch the webcam part. I don't think most people want to watch others while watching a game. I do think there is room to innovate when it comes to sports chat. I am a big Tar heels fan and like to occasionally go to a message board when the game is on and see people comment live. The big problem is that someone will say something like "that was the worst call I have ever seen". Most of the boards have a slight delay after posting, so by the time you read it you have no idea what they are referring to. If you go back and read the chat later on you are even more lost. It would be great if you could somehow pull in game footage from the last 30 seconds and attach it to your comment or something along those lines. Just a thought.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.