The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ask Me Anything About Website Optimization (Ongoing)

Marketing, social media, advertising

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Speaking of conversion rates...wondering what is the goal. We have stayed pretty close to 1.89 about 7 months old It’s a Shopify site. View attachment 36792

See below for last year average conversion of e-commerce site
average.png
Why not make the goal to hit it? Once hit, instead of further increasing the conversion rate, focus on increasing the site visitors.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JohnD Realestate

New to Online retail
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 23, 2017
Chappaqua
Holy Cow 2.8/4.3
That’s a crazy number. So I Googled a similar q when we first got started.....not sure exactly what the number was but I think this might be exactly what I looked at about 6 months ago.....
my likely Q: What is the average conversion rate for Shopify sites?

From Google “1.5%

That's higher than most eCommerce websites. However, according to a survey from December 2019, the average conversion rate on Shopify is just 1.5%. That puts it below the most recent industry benchmarks of around 1.85%. If your Shopify conversion rate is higher than 3.1%, you're in the top 20% of Shopify stores.Jun 21, 2020”

I was more asking what the goals are of the guys here. But I might just take up 4.3 as my number.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Hey, I built a website on WordPress but page load speed is pretty bad on GT Metrix & Google Page Insights.

Can someone help me out? I tried W3 Cache, WP-Rocket, etc caching plugins still no effect.

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks
WP Rocket is good.

Make sure that your images are properly sized - compression plugins like ShortPixel can help to give you smaller image file sizes without losing much quality. If you have a lot of high-quality images, this will make a big difference. If you don't need the images so big, cut the length and width in half, which will cut the image file size down to ~25%.

Faster servers could also help - not all hosting companies and plans are the same. If you are getting a lot of traffic, this could make a big difference. I switched from Bluehost to WPX and saw faster speeds - be prepared to pay more, but you will often get what you pay for.

Speeding up your site is worth the price and the time spent, since slower page load times lead to more people bouncing off your site.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Holy Cow 2.8/4.3
That’s a crazy number. So I Googled a similar q when we first got started.....not sure exactly what the number was but I think this might be exactly what I looked at about 6 months ago.....
my likely Q: What is the average conversion rate for Shopify sites?

From Google “1.5%

That's higher than most eCommerce websites. However, according to a survey from December 2019, the average conversion rate on Shopify is just 1.5%. That puts it below the most recent industry benchmarks of around 1.85%. If your Shopify conversion rate is higher than 3.1%, you're in the top 20% of Shopify stores.Jun 21, 2020”

I was more asking what the goals are of the guys here. But I might just take up 4.3 as my number.
How’d you go with this?

Looking at the stats there would be some very quick wins in the cart and checkout as your drop offs are high, you could probably get close to 3% just by fixing these. That would more than 1.5x your sales with the same amount of traffic.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

Super interesting thread, thanks for sharing!

I have 2 specific questions :
- What is your keyword strategy: tools, search strategy...etc
- How do you setup a PBN: once you have the domains:
- How do you create the content?
- How do you link the PBNS to your money site?

Basically, my 2 focuses are keyword research and PBN

Thanks!
We used a combination of tools like semrush, ahrefs, and SEOprofiler. My keyword strategy is focused on finding the target keyword for each landing page including LSI terms. Each landing page should have a primary keyword and secondary keywords.

We don't use PBNs anymore but instead focus on reverse engining backlinks.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Hi, thanks for this AMA thread.
What are the basic, first level essentials one is to do for a new website? I'm not talking about fully optimizing every aspect but more about focusing on the essentials to get the site going.
thank you
Here are basics for full optimizing the site:
1. Fix SEO technical errors like broken links, canonical issues, duplicate contents
2. Optimize every landing page based on your target keyword
3. Add more quality content to the site
4. Establish strong internal linking
5. Acquire quality and relevant backlinks to every landing page

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Not for anything but how do you become a "Certified SEO expert"? You may very well be an expert, but you certainly aren't certified.

I earned my SEO certification from a third-party organization, wherein I took a paid Certification exam after studying their long SEO course.

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 27, 2021
I earned my SEO certification from a third-party organization, wherein I took a paid Certification exam after studying their long SEO course.
Can you share your course name?
I’ve already watched a couple of great videos and found some additional info about SEO tools in this blog https://sesconference.com/best-enterprise-seo-toоl/ . Do you have any other recommendations on where I can study SEO to become a professional one day? Should I take a course maybe? If yes, do you have any recommendations?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.