The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ask Me Anything About Turkey

A

Anon3x156

Hey, we're the same age! I'm going to my family's house in Bodrum this year after not going because for a few years because of Covid, always loved it there. Great food, people in Turkey are nice, the weather is great and little to no crime in cities/towns. Been going there since I was seven years old. I should try to learn a little more Turkish, it's way too bad for the amount of times I've been there. The language is hard though.

How is Tinder for guys in Turkey? Never tried it there and I'm genuinely curious to as what will happen, although I'm not expecting anything and mostly doing it fun and because I've never tried Tinder in a different country. What are your experiences as a local, how do you think it will be for a foreigner?
But I don't like dating apps that much tbh.
Why don't you go to a Starbucks and try to meet some girls there? Just tell them you don't speak Turkish and you're from the UK or whatever and you need help ordering to start a conversation.
Maybe, I actually don't know exactly. There's information from Internet:

Greetings Among Men — When two men meet for the first time, they shake hands and sustain direct eye contact. A reasonably firm handshake would be appropriate. Among close friends and family members, hugs or gentle pats on the back are quite common. Other men may kiss each other on both cheeks as well. You may also see men greeting each other by making their temples touch, a greeting among people supporting one of the political parties. Colleagues in business often do not engage in the Turkish kiss.

Guess some men do that, but mostly not. And now it's less popular than in the past. On the other website it's said (by Turkish man):
Oh we very much liked to kiss each other on the cheek (I still do) in the past. But a Tsunami wave of conservatism swept across Turkey and this thing disappeared.
What sometimes happens is some people touch their cheeks to each other and make a kissing sound, but don't actually kiss. Idk really, I've never kissed a man and never seen anybody around me do that. But apparently some people do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Is it easy to get residency visa in Turkey? Turkey is interesting and its near to Europe/SE Asia.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
The link is just for tourist visa. I was talking about resident visas which are temporary or permanent visas. In plain English, it means any person who are allowed to live and work legally in specific country with the permission.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3x156

The link is just for tourist visa. I was talking about resident visas which are temporary or permanent visas. In plain English, it means any person who are allowed to live and work legally in specific country with the permission.
I might be wrong but you can buy a property in Turkey to gain permanent residence. Or you can buy a property that is worth at least $400.000 to get a Turkish citizenship. There are far-right political parties right now that are saying they will revoke all citizenships that were given this way, elections are in June 2023 and they have a chance of winning so I wouldn't recommend doing this. But I think you can buy a decent apartment for $40-50k to get permanent residence. I'm not aware of another method to gain PR or citizenship other than marriage obviously, but that doesn't mean there aren't easier and cheaper ways. I was born here and I don't know immigration laws really well, but there are companies in Turkey for this. You can talk to one for professional help if you're serious about coming here.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
I might be wrong but you can buy a property in Turkey to gain permanent residence. Or you can buy a property that is worth at least $400.000 to get a Turkish citizenship. There are far-right political parties right now that are saying they will revoke all citizenships that were given this way, elections are in June 2023 and they have a chance of winning so I wouldn't recommend doing this. But I think you can buy a decent apartment for $40-50k to get permanent residence. I'm not aware of another method to gain PR or citizenship other than marriage obviously, but that doesn't mean there aren't easier and cheaper ways. I was born here and I don't know immigration laws really well, but there are companies in Turkey for this. You can talk to one for professional help if you're serious about coming here.
Yes, I really like the beauty of your country. Definitely one day to come.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.